The deep dive with, during advanced.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kasper wendelboe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
That one deep dive you do on an advanced cert. Class. How deep? How long? And what Are the requirements during this dive? Thank you

It depends. But, assuming you are asking about the PADI Advanced class:

Dive is conducted between 18 meters/60 feet and 30 meters/100 feet. For Junior Divers, 12-14 years – maximum depth is 21 metres/70 feet. For Junior Divers, 10-11 years – maximum depth is 12 metres/40 feet. Duration of dive is predicated on maximum time that does not exceed the Recreational Dive Planner limits or the no-decompression limits of the student’s dive computer (as outlined by the manufacturer’s instructions). Of course, as a prudent instructor, I would not push anywhere near those limits. Minimum time is what it takes to complete the performance requirements per PADI standards, and divers spend the majority of time at 5 metres/15 feet or greater, and breathe at least 1400 litres or 50 cubic feet of compressed gas or remain submerged for at least 20 minutes.

Performance Requirements
1. With a buddy, plan and manage gas use, including
determining turn pressure, ascent pressure and
reserve pressure. Establish no stop and dive
time limits.
2. Descend using a line, wall or sloping bottom.
3. Compare changes in color at the surface and
at depth.
4. Compare a dive computer (or depth gauge) reading
to another diver’s depth reading.
5. Ascend at a rate not to exceed 18 metres/60 feet per
minute using a dive computer (or depth gauge and
timing device).
6. Make a safety stop at 5 metres/15 feet for at least
three minutes.

this is the SSI forum. so if you are asking about the SSI advanced cert your question is irrelevant.

i assume as stated in the post above that you are asking about the padi adv cert. in which case you now have a very detailed answer.

on a side note.....i have done the padi adv course a number of years ago and can tell you i only did #2 and #6 from the list above. none of the other stuff. shocking i know. :) perhaps the standards were less detailed back then

I Mean ssi advanced adventure diver cert. With 5 different dives. Im curious about the one that is a deep dive. What. How long and how deep to pass, so to speak. WhT to expect from the one dive.

VI. DEPTH LIMITATIONS
All open water training dives must be conducted at depths between 15 feet and 100 feet.
The maximum depth for 12- to 14-year-old students during training dives is 60 feet, with the exception of the Adventure
Deep Dive where the maximum depth is 70 feet.
The maximum depth for all 10- and 11-year-old students during training dives is 40 feet.

there is no requirement to perform a "deep" dive. above are the depth limitations directly from the standards. time will be based on no deco limits, gas consumption, and you tolerance for the cold (if diving in canada :) ) all ssi dives must be at least 15 feet for 15 minutes. i hope hat helps.

VI. DEPTH LIMITATIONS
All open water training dives must be conducted at depths between 15 feet and 100 feet.
The maximum depth for 12- to 14-year-old students during training dives is 60 feet, with the exception of the Adventure
Deep Dive where the maximum depth is 70 feet.
The maximum depth for all 10- and 11-year-old students during training dives is 40 feet.

there is no requirement to perform a "deep" dive. above are the depth limitations directly from the standards. time will be based on no deco limits, gas consumption, and you tolerance for the cold (if diving in canada :) ) all ssi dives must be at least 15 feet for 15 minutes. i hope hat helps.
Yes thank you... This is in denmark, .. So almist like Canada

Oops, so sorry, that will teach me to check the sub-forum title before a post. Mods, if you want to move my post out that is OK by me, or delete as necessary.

Cheers,
TB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom