Backplate Wing webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One swipe of a Trilobite will cut it, as will EMT shears or one of those cheap serrated steak knives. When I mentioned the standard location for the cutting device, I was referring the the DIR/GUE rig, which is what I thought you were asking about. The cutting device goes on the the waist belt just to the left of the buckle. Historically, most of this stuff came out of the North Florida cave diving community of years ago.

Thanks. You're probably correct, I should try it and then change if needed. @rongoodman said the same, and I'm most likely over analyzing it.

In my rescue class I had to remove everyone's gear while giving rescue breaths. We repeated this multiple times, and I have to do it solo for the DM. So it's on my mind. Can't imagine trying to do all this and cutting gear off to.

Thanks, sorry to over analyze. I'll try it the way Halcyon sells it, I'm sure its great.

It's easy to pull a diver out of a BP/W. Undo waist belt, crotch strap falls away, grab tank valve with one hand, diver with another, pull BP/W in one direction while pulling diver in the opposite. They slide out quite easily, even without cutting shoulder straps.

The biggest problem I see people doing during rescue scenarios is blowing up the victims BCD. It puts them farther out of the water, making it more difficult to give rescue breaths (although more emphasis is being placed on quickly getting the victim out of the water, and less on rescue breathing in situ), and making it more difficult to get them out of their gear.

Other places for a line cutter are on the wrist strap of your computer. That’s where mine lives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom