New Year’s Day diving - cold weather folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll be diving on the 29th but all the local inland sites next to me are closed for new year :)

We'll be, but in warm waters.
Where are you diving New Years Day?

Lake Michigan, off beach at Hammond Marina. Shallow wreck about 150ft off the beach, the George F. Williams.

Lake Michigan, off beach at Hammond Marina. Shallow wreck about 150ft off the beach, the George F. Williams.
It’s gonna be awesome, maybe you can share some pictures if you take any :)

I'm hoping to dive Lake Michigan here in WI if the conditions are decent.

New Year’s Day diving probably isn't the best of ideas for me. I don't like to dive if I've had more than an early beer or two the night before, and New Year's celebration usually comes with some champagne around midnight.

I was hoping to get in a dive between Xmas and New Year, but the weather right now sucks donkey cojones, with wind, sleet and rain. That kind of weather usually doesn't bode well for the vis.

Heading out off the NJ coast on New Year's Day, doing a wreck called the Tolten. Weather looks promising, 47F air temp.

On call newyears, but will strike back with 3 days scooter diving in Tuna-Hästbergs mines first weekend after.

Back
Top Bottom