7' Hose for Mares Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tndiveinstruct1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 7' hose for the Mares Abyss 2nd stage. It uses a 1/2" hose, not the usual 3/8" regulator hose.

I know that the Apeks ATX200 uses a 1/2" hose as well and there is a 7' hose for it, but I don't know if that hose will work on the Abyss. If not, then where can I get a hose for it?

Thanks in advance!

Randy Cain

tndiveinstruct1:
I'm looking for a 7' hose for the Mares Abyss 2nd stage. It uses a 1/2" hose, not the usual 3/8" regulator hose.

I know that the Apeks ATX200 uses a 1/2" hose as well and there is a 7' hose for it, but I don't know if that hose will work on the Abyss. If not, then where can I get a hose for it?

Thanks in advance!

Randy Cain

we got em in stock ready to ship, just specify in the notes on check out that you want for 1/2" and you will get that.

Regards,

I bought an adapter from 1/2" to 3/8". The problem is that some hoses don't like the little "tube" inside the 1/2" port. I have my backup in that port, the long hose won't fit because of the tube. Just something to think about before you buy the hose.

The 1/2'' hose on the abyss can be a problem to replace in remote areas. I got an adaptor so that i can use a standard 3/8'' hose. I am sure you won't notice any difference in performance by using the narrower hose.

BlueDevil:
The 1/2'' hose on the abyss can be a problem to replace in remote areas. I got an adaptor so that i can use a standard 3/8'' hose. I am sure you won't notice any difference in performance by using the narrower hose.

That's what I do for my Apeks. The alternative is to carry an extra 7' 1/2" hose in your kit.

Northeastwrecks:
That's what I do for my Apeks. The alternative is to carry an extra 7' 1/2" hose in your kit.
i actually use the 1/2" and carry the adapter in my kit. :)

I thought that I would post my solution on the board just so that other people could benefit from this.

I ended up ordering the 7' hose from Tech Diving Limited about 1 week ago. Came in to the house yesterday. First of all, dealing with Joel has been a pleasure. Rest assured that I will order from him again.

The hose I received is of course black. It is very flexible much like the standard one that comes on the reg from the factory. The fittings and swages all looked very nicely done.

Anyway, I simply replaced the Mares hose with the TDL hose on the DFC port of the 1st stage. It fit just like it was made to go there. No need for an adaptor in this case. I think that I will order a second hose for the save a dive kit. Being the person that I am, I will also carry the original hose just in case...

Went out to a friend's place yesterday just to see if there was any performance difference in it, and none was noted. Lake was only about 70' deep...

Suffice it to say, I am VERY pleased with the overall project. Joel, keep up the good work!

Randy Cain

tndiveinstruct1:
I thought that I would post my solution on the board just so that other people could benefit from this.

I ended up ordering the 7' hose from Tech Diving Limited about 1 week ago. Came in to the house yesterday. First of all, dealing with Joel has been a pleasure. Rest assured that I will order from him again.

Suffice it to say, I am VERY pleased with the overall project. Joel, keep up the good work!

Randy Cain

Randy,

I'm glad it got to you the way you expected it to. We work hard to make sure the customers are happy with both the products and service. We only use the best suppliers and manufacturers for the products we make/ distribute.

Thanks again for your support

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom