G2 - feature upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kodee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a G2 and I tried it with some recreational dives, nitrox dives and decompression: great computer until now.

Now I would like to activate the PMG and Trimix dive mode (menu 3.1.2 and 3.1.3).

I connected the G2 to the PC in "Access Flash Drive" mode but I did not understand what files I need to copy.

Can someone help me? Which files do I need to paste into the FeatureUpgrade folder? Is there an official link?

Thanks and good bubbles.

They are already installed in the G2 First go to menu 8.7 and enable both those features. Then you just need to go to the main menu and select 2. Dive settings. Then go to 2.15 PMG and turn it on. Then go to 2.12 Trimix and turn it on.

Hi Elcam, thank you very much. It was really simple!

...First go to menu 8.7 and enable both those features. Then...go to the main menu and select 2...then 2.15 PMG and turn it on..

Please tell me where you found this information.

I spent over two hours on reading the manuals (french and english) and couldn't find any help there.

"simple"....

I just played around with the computer until I figured it out.

But like I said before..customer support and them listening to user for added features is non existent.

I think they would sell more or keep customers if you could optionally run a GF algoritithm with user selectable values that could be used with dive planning software.

...customer support and them listening to user for added features is non existent.

It's really a shame :(

I live close to where once UWATEC was established, the Swiss creator of ALADIN and following dive computers....sold to SCUBAPRO. At that time, you could call them and speak directly to the engineers and they where listening to their customers. This was a great time
:)

I still hope SCUBAPRO will improve (at least it si an improvement to me) little things in their product, in this case the G2.

Wait and see....lets dream....

But like I said before..customer support and them listening to user for added features is non existent.

That hasn't been my experience. I was doing some research to better understand the current offerings in dive computers and I contacted Scubapro in the US via email with a number of questions. They responded to my queries and even had the local Scubapro office in Australia call me to discuss my queries. If that isn't good customer service then I don't know what is.
Algorithms, Conservative Factors, Altitude, Planned Deco - Questions

A few days ago, I was happily surprised to have a personal answer from the SCUBAPRO's RD department about my wish to have a simpler, clearer and "bigger" display for the G2 when in deco mode.

I don't know yet what they are going to do about but at least, they responded to my message wich is already great :)

Wait and see... ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom