Dizzy after decompression dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like some of it might have been mental, plus dehydration, and lack of electrolytes. These matter for good systematic function.

The joys of deep air diving. Sometimes you just feel crappy.

I've felt like that working hard on currents, CO2 hits are no joke. Many years ago I started lifting heavy again and my neck size grew and I didn't realize my integrated hood started to strangle me. I had a string of terrible dive feeling exactly how you describe.

I ended up having an ear infection and the vertigo was caused by loose crystals in my ear. It's a lot better now but still not 100%

I’m glad you’re feeling better. BTW the DAN emergency line is never closed!
919-684-9111

I ended up having an ear infection and the vertigo was caused by loose crystals in my ear. It's a lot better now but still not 100%
SentinelAce,

There are no crystals in the inner ear. You may have suffered a rupture of the oval or round window in the middle ear, either of which can result in vertigo.

SeaRat

Hey John,

Actually there is and can cause something call Benign Paoxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), a very common cause of dizziness.

“BPPV is a result of tiny crystals in your inner ear being out of place. The crystals make you sensitive to gravity and help you to keep your balance. Normally, a jelly-like membrane in your ear keeps the crystals where they belong. If the ear is damaged — often by a blow to the head — the crystals can shift to another part of the ear. When they are out of place, the crystals make you sensitive to movement and position changes that normally don’t affect you, sparking vertigo.” - Mayo Clinic

Canalith repositioning procedure - Mayo Clinic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom