ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2019 Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Workflow question. I imagine some people will do the 2 boat dives for the day and done, and some will head off doing shore dives. The latter will be taking their gear off the boat so they'll have it to shore dive. What about those who only do the boat dives? Do they haul their gear off after diving to a gear locker, then take it back to the boat the next morning?

Another question. Some non-divers will be along, and divers after their morning boat dives will be around, which raises the question of land excursions like the ostrich farm, Hato caves, city/island tours, etc... While people can book via listings at Trip Advisor, it stands to reason some will want to get to the resort and get a better feel of their schedule before trying to plan around it. Any idea if Sunscape Resort has a concierge or what-have-you who can hook us up, or is it 'get on Trip Advisor and call around?'

Richard.

Workflow question. I imagine some people will do the 2 boat dives for the day and done, and some will head off doing shore dives. The latter will be taking their gear off the boat so they'll have it to shore dive. What about those who only do the boat dives? Do they haul their gear off after diving to a gear locker, then take it back to the boat the next morning?

Gear room is on the boat dock which is also where you shore dive from. Rinse tanks are also on the dock. Gear room is locked at night at 10 pm I think. Everyone will be removing their gear from the boats after the AM dives since groups will be rotating boats.

Another question. Some non-divers will be along, and divers after their morning boat dives will be around, which raises the question of land excursions like the ostrich farm, Hato caves, city/island tours, etc... While people can book via listings at Trip Advisor, it stands to reason some will want to get to the resort and get a better feel of their schedule before trying to plan around it. Any idea if Sunscape Resort has a concierge or what-have-you who can hook us up, or is it 'get on Trip Advisor and call around?'

The resort has excursion desk where any adventure can be booked. Remember there is also a shuttle which I think leave every hour into town.

Richard.

drrich2,

I was just at the Sunscape last month. Good diving.

Yes, all gear off the boat daily. The locker is only a few feet from the dock. You can get a key from the Ocean Encounter desk if you want after hours access.

There is a concierge and a tour desk in the lobby to help with your off-site adventures.

I would go back in a heart beat.

If you have a chance on your off-site adventures into town, I’d recommend hitting a place underneath the Gouverneur restaurant called Lionfish Caribbean. Lisette, the owner, just opened a couple weeks ago. She educates people on the invasive lionfish, promotes eating them, and makes jewelry with them. They are awesome and a great way to help the health of the reef fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom