Care for old Force Fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scrane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally located a used pair of black Pro Force Fins to supplement my Originals. They have the normal scuffs and scrapes that Force Fins acquire. I have given them a light wipedown with vinyl/rubber UV protectant. Is there anything else I can use to safely restore the original finish?

I finally located a used pair of black Pro Force Fins to supplement my Originals. They have the normal scuffs and scrapes that Force Fins acquire. I have given them a light wipedown with vinyl/rubber UV protectant. Is there anything else I can use to safely restore the original finish?

What was the protectant you used ? I'd be glad to know, my Force Fins Pro could do with some of it I guess.

coldwaterlloyd: thanks for your advice. I'll look into the Novus product.
JMBL: I use"303 Aerospace Protectant" that I originally bought to maintain the surface of a rubberized inflatable kayak.
Amazon.com: 303 (30306) Marine Aerospace Protectant, UV Protectant for Boats and Patio Furniture, 32 fl. Oz(package may vary): Automotive
It is similar to the more common "Armour All" automotive product (which is probably not recommended) .
I would be interested in the factory's recommendation on these kind of treatments.

Thanks a ton, man !

@Bob Evans Any input?

I’ve never done anything to my four pairs. All seem to be as functional as the day I got them...

@Bob Evans Any input?

I’ve never done anything to my four pairs. All seem to be as functional as the day I got them...

I hear you on that. It's just that I'm so excited about finally finding a nice pair at a really good price I would like them to look their best! I am really interested to see the difference in performance between the Originals and the Pros. I like the precision position control of the Originals and hope I can retain that along with a little more power from the Pros.

Also, I would be interested in hearing from anyone who might have a pair of insteps they would like to sell.

If made correctly Force Fin are still in use 25 years later. Our Plant in Penn, is the best group we have worked with. I used to use silcone to bring back the shine...Thanks All, Happy New year. With conflicts/travel warnings coming from the People's Republic of China, it is nice to always been making Force fins in America. For over 40 years now I have always stated " Take care of the People at home and then you can help others.." .While the other Dive company's ran off to ........ we stayed at HOME. America.

Old insteps are cut neoprene with straps sewn on. The new ones also have a sewn binding around the edges to prevent fraying. I find these better when using boots.

Thanks. I have a pair of insteps for my Originals and I find I can dive comfortably with light booties, lycra sox, and even barefoot.
Besides the underwater maneuverability they provide, the conventional FFs are easy to pack, easy to walk around in, easy to don and doff (great names for twins) and very comfortable to wear. That, and a lot of people find them a hoot to behold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom