Mexican military and their guns - safe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m not sure if Pete can see it or not, but I doubt he looks for that.
The option remains "off" for staff, including me. Unless you, or the other person reports the content, neither the mods or I will see it.

@scubafanatic PM=Conversation and they reside in your "inbox" at the top of the page. Chats reside on your profile page.

Its pretty easy actually. Don't like seeing guns around, don't go places that people carry guns.

I've been travelling to Mexico for more than 20 years. Friendly, helpful, family oriented folks. Hospitality workers uniformly pleasant, efficient. Take reasonable precautions, stay in your lane and no reason to expect any problems. Any time I spend in Coz I feel I am as safe or safer than in any major U.S. city.

Havana- one of the safest cities in the western hemisphere. Essentially zero street crime. Biggest danger is getting overserved mojitos.

Seasons Greeting to All...

Better the Policia...than the El Bandito...

I've traveled the world since the late 70's...and unfortunately...we are much safer when the good guys are clearly visible with the 18'' guns with the 36'' clips than we are without them...

Best...

Warren

Funny thread. I suspect the the people scared of Mexican Marines would also be scared in a big American city like NY or DC.

Ever visited the White House? You will see automatic rifles carried by the guards.

Did you watch NYE events on TV? Many of the NYPD folks were in tactical gear including assault rifles. Assault rifles at a NYE celebration! What?

I'm visiting Cozumel in April with my wife and kids. This will be trip #4 and I cant wait. My biggest problem is who to dive with :wink:

I've never understood the "Fear of Weapons"
"Fear of People" on the other hand seems prudent.

They have been indoctrinated to believe that guns "just go off".

I've never understood the "Fear of Weapons"
"Fear of People" on the other hand seems prudent.
What about "Fear of People With Weapons"?

:D

Knew too many police, military, and military special ops individuals that have had accidental discharges. The world would be a safer place if all they had to carry around was a big stick / baseball bat. Cops and military with personal weapons are accidents looking for a place to happen. I would not be suprised if the secret service clocked up at least one accidental discharge a year.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom