Aquion Delayed SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Help - we've just discovered some scuba equipment in the shed and it's been a few years since we've used it - this means we're both being extremely blonde (or grey) and can't remember how to put this particular thing together!

Simply - we have an Aquion Delayed SMB with a one way valve which seems to be missing a part since it's simply lying in the bag - does anyone know how to get this together?

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 147
That looks like the inflator valve that gets inserted into your LPI inflator fitting optionally if you choose to inflate it that way. The end on the right of your photo is the end that goes in the LPI valve. The end on the left of your photo is jammed into the inflator tube of the SMB. When it's not there, you inflate by blowing into the inflator hose while depressing the little valve with your teeth. When you use that optional plastic fitting, you jam it in place and push one end into your LPI hose (either a spare LPI hose, or by disconnecting it from your BCD). Pushing it in opens the LPI valve at the same time as it opens the passage into the DSMB. Careful! That inflation happens fast, and now your LPI hose is no longer connected to your bcd.

SG-SMB_B-600x600.png

Deploying an SMB from depth takes some practice. I'd suggest you leave that fitting off, and inflate with your mouth until you've practiced in a pool.

Dive safe!

Many thanks - we have another DSMB which we're familiar with, but had bought this one as a spare and never actually used it. When we were clearing the box we found it and thought there was a part missing to keep it in permanently (muppets). I have to say, I do agree, deploying these takes loads of practice and although I've done it a few times I still feel nervous doing so. Maybe an excuse to go along to some extra pool sessions! Once again, thanks x

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom