Best Cave 1 dives in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Mcshane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m off to Mexico in February with a few friends for a week of cave diving. Just looking for any tips for Mexico caves and a list of the “must see” dives.

Two of us are only GUE Cave 1. (Mainline, 1 T and 1/3 of 2/3rds gas rule for those not familiar) so we will be sticking to those limits.

We are Staying at Lanny & Clairs Feburary 27 - March 12th. Are you down there at the same time?

I'm not sure how much other cave diving you've done, but I was in Tulum last February and I was mind-blown on every dive. The caves are spectacular. We dove Grand Cenote, Temple of Doom, Tajma Ha, Cenote Nariz, Las Conchita, Cenote Fenomeno, and Nahoch Na Chich. These were all done on OC double 80s, and I would go back every month if I could.

I'm not sure how much other cave diving you've done, but I was in Tulum last February and I was mind-blown on every dive. The caves are spectacular. We dove Grand Cenote, Temple of Doom, Tajma Ha, Cenote Nariz, Las Conchita, Cenote Fenomeno, and Nahoch Na Chich. These were all done on OC double 80s, and I would go back every month if I could.
Add Caterpillar, Xhulo, Chan Hol, Nariz to your list. Nariz has a green water sections on both T Left or T right.

inicio

The DIR Mexico guys shop website. Also, the little cafe in the front is great.

Grand, La Concha, and Fenomeno are now closed, I hear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom