New Dive Spot near Frederick MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelsaint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey if you have not checked it out yet there is a new quarry opening up to divers. It is called Juturna Springs. I went diving there this past weekend and had an amazing time. I had visibility from 25 feet to 40 feet. The quarry goes from 30 feet all the way to 220 feet. The people were great! Be sure to meet Matt and Brad who is making this all possible. What a great dive without having to drive the distance. They should be opening the quarry up to divers on June 16 & 17. Again you need to check out this new dive spot you wont be disappointed!!!
Check them out on Facebook: Juturna Springs
Or Juturna Springs | Dive Training Facility

So I found out my local shop, Nautilus Aquatics, has started doing trips there and they'll be there this coming weekend. $30 for entry and two tanks.

I'm considering going to check it out. I haven't established any local dive buddies yet. Anyone interested in going?

Already closed down. Hopefully its temporary.

Attachments

• Screenshot (65).png
    Screenshot (65).png
    262.6 KB · Views: 174
Their Facebook pages says, from 3 weeks ago:
upload_2019-1-4_23-9-58.png

Went to Juturna twice before moving out of the area. Seemed to be a nice place to have within short driving distance. Hope they are able to work it out with the county.

Still closed, but they posted an update.

Attention Juturna Customers

Jan 10, 2019

Hello Everyone!! So we have an update. First, the officials at zoning are incredibly supportive of what we are trying to achieve. We discussed several different options that will allow us to reopen the quarry and deliver the facility we have promised. We have begun pursuing one avenue in particular. Part of that process will require us to work with the county legislature. It will take some time to complete all of the things we need to. This is the unfortunate issue. We are estimating it will be about 6 months before we will be able to reopen to the public. We are working on restoring the training rights for our Police and Fire Department divers much sooner. We will let you know how that works out.

What we are doing will happen in several stages over the next few months. We cannot be very descriptive of the process until after we have had the next couple of meetings. These will take place over the next couple of weeks. After that we can give you some details on the process and timing. We really appreciate your continued support and patience. We WILL be restoring your access to the facility and when it reopens it will do so with some of the great amenities you have heard us talk about. We look forward to speaking with you all again soon."

Attention Juturna Customers

I stopped by their booth at the DC Dive Show. They're hoping to be up and running this June. I don't see anything about that posted on their website or social media...that's just what one of the guys working the booth threw out there.:coffee:

Hope so. Just moved back to NoVA and Juturna was quickly becoming my favorite local spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom