Leaking doubles manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave22387

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,

I just put together a set of Faber LP85s with the blue steel valves and manifold (recently rebuilt). While pumping them up the manifold started leaking where it screws into the tank valve. I checked that everything was tight and that the single o ring was intact. Any tips on how to correct this or is it junk?

I had the same problem. It was aligned correctly. The "O" rings got changed and problem got solved. Please try that and see if helps.

Check your alignment. The crossbar should still be movable by 1/4 to 1/2 turn. If it is all bound up, your alignment is not good.

The alignment is good but it isn't close to tight. If I loosen the nuts I can spin it until it is facing down before it tightens up. It did spin in nice and easy and smooth.

I had the same problem. It was aligned correctly. The "O" rings got changed and problem got solved. Please try that and see if helps.

Will do thanks!

Reactions: Pao
@dave22387 Furthermore, get some soapy water in a spray bottle and spray the manifold. You should not see any bubbles from the manifold. In my case, the o rings were bad but only manifested a leak when the pressure in the tanks were above 2000 psi.

Let us know how you make out.

It’s ok for the cross bar to spin. In fact, it should spin to confirm no binding.

Is this a rebuild? Or first time combo? Could be bands are the wrong spacing. Also make sure the orings are the right size and durometer.

Binding re the bands being too tight?

Either wrong size bands, or distorted, causing tanks to be out of parallel. The the manifold cross bar could bind and not rotate freely. And not seal

Not saying this is the OP’s issue, just a possibility

Hello All,

I just put together a set of Faber LP85s with the blue steel valves and manifold (recently rebuilt). While pumping them up the manifold started leaking where it screws into the tank valve. I checked that everything was tight and that the single o ring was intact. Any tips on how to correct this or is it junk?
a picture of the manifold on the tanks along with an arrow where the leak is would help

Back
Top Bottom