Drysuit hose when not using a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a Blow gun. It's a general use nozzle which can also be use to inflate the SMB. I use it to clean the excess water of the gear at the end of the dive.

I use one to blow up my grandkids pool toys :yeahbaby:

I leave it on. I like the confusion on the faces of the warmwater DM's.

Sigh, I wouldn't know what to do - I haven't dived tropical waters since living in Egypt back in '08.

When I dive the Crater Dome I tuck the hose or wrap it around the bottom of the tank valve.

As with others... I remove it for dive vacations, but just tuck it for short-term use of a wetsuit, pool time, etc.

I wrap mine around the tank neck, below the valve

I leave it on. I have a bolt snap tied onto the end of mine like you would with the long hose or SPG so I can clip it off if I'm diving wet, on CCR, or have a suit inflation.

I really like this idea for when it is not in use for a little while, but doesn't the bolt snap bother you when it is in use attached to the inflator?

Where we do most of our diving we generally have a 50/50 split in the year of cold and warmer dives. So for winter I get out the drysuit and always have the hose attached. For pool sessions I just tuck it away. And then in summer I will remove it until it is needed again.

I really like this idea for when it is not in use for a little while, but doesn't the bolt snap bother you when it is in use attached to the inflator?

Where we do most of our diving we generally have a 50/50 split in the year of cold and warmer dives. So for winter I get out the drysuit and always have the hose attached. For pool sessions I just tuck it away. And then in summer I will remove it until it is needed again.

not really, same size as the ones I use on my primary regulator so it doesn't really matter. You could always just put an o-ring over the hose and clip the bolt snap back onto itself when you were using it plugged in.

Solution: "dry suit" reg set, and "wet suit" reg set.... :surrender:

(yes, I have too many sets of regulators..... but I like it that way)

I like the idea to put a snap on it and clip it off. One of the "quick ties" from DGX work well for this....

upload_2019-1-11_17-46-31.png

Hose Clip Retainer

I leave it on. I have a bolt snap tied onto the end of mine like you would with the long hose or SPG so I can clip it off if I'm diving wet, on CCR, or have a suit inflation.

Where do you clip it off? I really like this idea! I have used a Velcro tie wrap to tie it to my SPG, but it either dangles or I have a loop down there. Neither are ideal. More than one could be made to work, but really just felt like multiple band aids rather than a decent solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom