Hollis Prism2 - PADI Tec 60 CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Team!

I’m wondering if anyone has any leads on instructors/shops that teach the PADI Tec 60 CCR course on the Hollis Prism 2 in the Asia/Pacific region (specific enough...?:D). Preferably not in the US, so closer to Australia.

I’ve done some googling and not having much luck. I’ve also emailed both Hollis and PADI to see whether they have a list, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Any reason you want to stick with PADI? You should easily be able to find a CCR instructor in the region that will teach you the equivalent module from another agency.

Mikko Passi and Ivan Karadzic own Koh Tao Divers and they do CCR training. They were both involved in the Thai cave rescue.

Ben Reymenants, another of the Thai cave rescuers is Blue Label diving, they offer CCR courses, not sure what PADI CCR courses they offer, but they do other agencies as well.

Kiwi Diver in Phuket does PADI CCR 60, but I'm not sure what the unit requirements are.

You could check out Matt Reed's operation "Evolution Diving" in Malapascua in the Philippines as well.

I seem to remember a couple ops in the Gili's that do CCR instruction as well, but I'm not familiar with any of them personally.

Thanks for that JohnnyC. Unfortunately Koh Tao Diver, Blue Label Diving and Kiwi Diver don’t offer Tec 60 on the prism. I’ve sent a quick message to a fellow instructor at Evolution to see whether they teach it so that could be a lead. Yeah Im aware other agencies offer Mod2 (or equivalent courses), but at this stage I am just gauging whether there’s any PADI presence in the region.

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for that JohnnyC. Unfortunately Koh Tao Diver, Blue Label Diving and Kiwi Diver don’t offer Tec 60 on the prism. I’ve sent a quick message to a fellow instructor at Evolution to see whether they teach it so that could be a lead. Yeah Im aware other agencies offer Mod2 (or equivalent courses), but at this stage I am just gauging whether there’s any PADI presence in the region.

Thanks for the tips!

Is it a PADI requirement to teach unit specific? That may be the issue, seems there are just not many Prism2 divers in that area, let alone instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom