Moisture wicking undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Fourth element Xeotherm base layer. Wicks like a champ. I didn't even know I had a small wrist leak until I took off my suit. I have a pretty low cold tolerance and a 1 hr dive @72F was only slightly cool at the end.

I have Fourth element Xeotherm base layer. Wicks like a champ. I didn't even know I had a small wrist leak until I took off my suit. I have a pretty low cold tolerance and a 1 hr dive @72F was only slightly cool at the end.
I know you're local so thats great advice. Thanks!

The Xerotherm is popular for "short" (compared with cave divers' multi-hour) dives in the springs. I would have mentioned it, but your original post asked for something without "much" thermal insulation, which I guess I incorrectly interpreted as near-zero thermal insulation. I would add that even Capilene or other polyester long underwear ("baselayer") provides some thermal insulation.

The Xerotherm is popular for "short" (compared with cave divers' multi-hour) dives in the springs. I would have mentioned it, but your original post asked for something without "much" thermal insulation, which I guess I incorrectly interpreted as near-zero thermal insulation. I would add that even Capilene or other polyester long underwear ("baselayer") provides some thermal insulation.

I'm taking it all in. I have a crushed neoprene DUI and will be diving 1 to 2 hours in 76-72 degree water. Which under armor do you recommend?

I'm taking it all in. I have a crushed neoprene DUI and will be diving 1 to 2 hours in 76-72 degree water. Which under armor do you recommend?
Ah, well with a crushed neoprene suit you will need much less undergarments. I think all of us here responding assumed trilam...

I no longer dive a neoprene suit, but friends who do here in N Fl. typically only use wool undergarments. Dives over 4hrs or so they add heated vests.

Curious as to what you end up with, I'll be in Pompano Beach end of March and beginning of April, 90 minute deco dives. John said 5mm with a vest and hood, I'm bring my drysuit too, DUI TLS350.

If I'm looking for minimum insulation, I use a lightweight merino wool base layer. For Ginnie Springs and Blue Grotto last weekend, merino wool under Waterproof 200gm fleece. (trilaminate dry suit)

Curious as to what you end up with, I'll be in Pompano Beach end of March and beginning of April, 90 minute deco dives. John said 5mm with a vest and hood, I'm bring my drysuit too, DUI TLS350.
Ya I live in pompano so I'll let you know when I try some of these

For the thinnest, least insulating thermals, I've been wearing Hot Chili's. Marketed primarily for winter sports, they work just fine for me in warmer water in conjunction with my DUI CF200 and TLS. I purchased them from Peter Glenn Ski & Sport on Oakland Park Blvd., just south of Pompano.

For warm water (25-30C/77-86F) dives in the drysuit (redundant buoyancy) I wear a compression layer, the ones at the sports store made for workouts and running are cheap and effective. I originally ordered these and then realised they were identical to my existing undershirts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom