Costa Rica yellowfin tuna hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well done -- as all your spearfishing posts have been.
Don't stop -- keep them coming !

Would appreciate it If you could identify the type and size of spear gun that was used

It appears these guns were Riffe - but there was a glimpse of a handle that appeared to be an Alexander ???

Sam Miller, 111

Thank,s for your friendly feedback!
Gun used is a T Botha BWH gun (got direct in C Town from this legendary spearo) and a Riffe for the "second shot"

I am not familiar with the T Botha gun-- but Botha certainly sounds like a true Africans name …
I am a fan of the Alexander Mechanisms- solid machined block of stainless steel over the Riffe Mechanism --- is the Botha a copy of the Riffe (aka Australian) mechanism or unique to the Botha gun ?

For second shots I always used a specially made short gun with an Alexander mechanism and firing a 3/8 arrow
(A G E has caught up with me -- I no longer spear) .

Some years ago at the Long Beach Neptunes meeting we had a guest for two meetings from South Africa who brought and shared his gun with us -- the same but also small unique differences

Keep spearing and posting -- enjoy and I always view several times

Sam Miller, 111

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom