Do I go for IDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim...

Take your wife on as many great vacations as life/health/time permits...

Life and health are both fleeting things...

''Live well...Love much...laugh often...

Scuba should be ''a love'' never a life...

At 68 years old...the absolute worst thing you could spend four thousand dollars on...

Something else to consider...depending where you reside...age 70...is when this type of insurance starts to sky-rocket...make sure you do your homework...ask all the questions...get all the facts...you''ll get to a point where this ''fabulous job'' doesn't begin to cover your basic costs...vehicle maintenance/wear/tear/additional income taxes/fuel...

Finally...your LDS is doing nothing to benefit you...only them...and the better they know you...the more they'll expect you to do at no cost to them...

Working on an ''exchange of favors'' program...is never in your favor...one entity gets what it wants...and the other entity gets screwed...you're working for ''list'' and you get ''free'' dive gear at cost...buying your dive gear at list...will save you lots of money...

I know from where I speak...I had seven years ''post retirement'' at a LDS...

Best...

Warren...a 70 year old retired professional...with a great spouse...and a great life...

Warren, you said a mouthful in a short paragraph....And I couldn't agree more! As I approach 69 and therefore 70 I think time with wife and family ..... great times, great trips, great diving. THANK YOU!!

I do an all in idc with accommodations for 2500 that includes the online ......I know some courses are more, .......I also do payments but that's my business model

I do an all in idc with accommodations for 2500 that includes the online ......I know some courses are more, .......I also do payments but that's my business model

So does that include all PADI fees and the Emerg First Responder Instructor fees? You say "with accommodations" so what does that mean? and I wonder if your water temp is warm or cold since you're in the "great white north". I'd be interested in more details if you are at liberty to publish them.

So does that include all PADI fees and the Emerg First Responder Instructor fees? You say "with accommodations" so what does that mean? and I wonder if your water temp is warm or cold since you're in the "great white north". I'd be interested in more details if you are at liberty to publish them.

@abnfrog has property up in Temagami, ON, with a lake on 3 sides. There’s a cottage on his property. It’s in the “hinterlands” of the Great White North. 13 hour drive from me in the Chicago area (I’m doing Intro to Tech with him in this summer). You can fly into Toronto and then an hour’s flight to North Bay. Temagami is a 40 minute drive from there. I’m driving.

Can’t imagine the water gets that warm.

@abnfrog has property up in Temagami, ON, with a lake on 3 sides. There’s a cottage on his property. It’s in the “hinterlands” of the Great White North. 13 hour drive from me in the Chicago area (I’m doing Intro to Tech with him in this summer). You can fly into Toronto and then an hour’s flight to North Bay. Temagami is a 40 minute drive from there. I’m driving.

Can’t imagine the water gets that warm.

Hmmm, let me think; Caribbean at 80 degree water and 80' vis or northern lake at maybe what, 60 degree water and 15' vis. For IDC there's no decision to be made but for Tech training the best you can find is the best to go to no matter where or what. I hear that's a great career so best wishes to you. From what I read abnfrog is first rate. Good choice for tech!

I appreciate you saying that, we strive to be the best , we also have (as far as I know ) the only money back guarantee on courses and free accommodation on most courses at our facility PS I dive in a 3 mil in front of the house in the summer time (but not at 100 feet )lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom