Blowing Stink in Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, hard winds in the Texas panhandle one day, then a calm day, then hard winds the next day. It's still wintertime.

Our dive crew reports port as closed today. There is a cruise ship that is on it’s 3rd attempt at docking, due to the wind. It keeps pulling in then turning back out.

I think most people here are planning for a big norte tomorrow. I went out and bought (on sale half off at Meg) a long sleeved shirt....
Sitting at home, where the temperature is going down to 5 tonight, and laughing out loud! Love this comment.
We were in Coz the week beginning Jan 5, our first trip that wasn't in July or August. We were stunned by the excellent weather. We shouldn't have been, of course. We had a wonderful week, and hope to make January an annual visit.

The port actually closed at 7pm last night.

I've been trying to update my website - but having trouble uploading the update.

It appears the port was closed Monday morning also. City pier gate was closed and nobody around, no small boats around.

We were on the East side Sunday and saw Aldora boats, heavy overcast till 11:30 am then cleared for the afternoon.

Then got cloudy and we didn’t get to see the eclipse !

POrt opened at 12:10pm today - although it SHOULD have opened at 9am

Look on the bright side
Y’all don’t get the mountain cedar pollen with ‘el norte.
In December and January here in Fort Worth, with a South wind, I want to hide under a rock.

I was wet by 9:00am Monday. Big thanks to the Aldora team (some which had to sleep on the boats on the east side). We had two really nice long dives over there with Steve as DM. Great dives... Really different than the normal west side. Nice!!! Muchos Gracias!!!!

Last night a strong norte came through Galveston. Most likely the port is closed tomorrow, Sunday.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Here comes another one.

I was wet by 9:00am Monday. Big thanks to the Aldora team (some which had to sleep on the boats on the east side). We had two really nice long dives over there with Steve as DM. Great dives... Really different than the normal west side. Nice!!! Muchos Gracias!!!!
Wow that's pretty awesome of them!

If I ever bring myself to dive with someone other than Dive Paradise in Coz, I'd definitely be looking up Aldora.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom