Does anyone offer >60 min dives in Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cephalopod2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to find a great dive op. I far prefer 3 longer dives to 4 shorter (e.g. 60 min) dives. Have spent 9 weeks diving Anilao recently but am determined to give some time to PG this trip. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

We had 3 guides over the week in August, they were all decent but my buddy was complaining that there were not finding enough creatures. My buddies previous trip in march, he was seeing a lot more creatures. So he wanted to change shops so we went looking around and started to talking to other shops. They all said there are more creatures in march vs august. My buddy said he was happy with LLV, thinking they all found what they can and no one would be much better.

LLV claims they want to be a top dive shop in PG, so we would think they trying to find the best guides.

Over all I was happy what we found. After the 1st find of a creature, me and my buddy are pretty good at find them again. It would be nice if i new the patterns of fish behavior a little better to be able to spot creatures a little better.

We like the boat/shop/hotel and people and would recommend them.

Thank you very much for this feedback.

It's the same situation in Anilao BTW - July is like a ghost town UW compared to March. I also like March better than Dec.

@ScubaMarc were you & your buddy the only ones diving then by chance? LLV dive manager just told me there's a 50 min time limit (ugh).

Never more than 4 people, 1/2 the dives it was me and my buddy. Maybe after the 1st day, they never imposed a limit adter they say we were not newbies or the phone rule is 50 minutes.

here are some of my dive times.
upload_2019-1-20_18-48-56.png

Things to consider for a relative long dive:
1. Is the resort busy?
2. Other divers in your group.
3. How many dive boat that the operator has?
4. Dive site selection.

La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre

Thanks again @ScubaMarc and thank you @Centrals for suggesting La Laguna Beach Club. Centrals I totally agree with your list.

My problem with booking ops that don't publicly offer 60 min dives is that it's extremely easy for them to cut dives to 50 min if there are inexperienced divers on the boat, divers who use air quickly, staff who just want to get back early, etc etc. And you have absolutely no leverage to negotiate no matter how much air and NDL you're surfacing with and what certs you hold if their stated offering is a 50 min dive.

I'm very surprised LLV would even quote a 50 min time limit when all the more established PG ops that I've checked with quoted 60 min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom