Quick update - Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, in Canadian...I think it would be, "Oh thank heaven...7-11...eh"

Look out for Polar bears up there!

Jay

We stayed at Casa Mexicana last month. The 7-11 was fully lit, fully stocked, and usually there would be an employee or two inside, but the doors were locked. Very odd.

Yes, we stayed there in December and never saw it open. There were (I think uniformed) employees inside doing different things, lights on, so we just assumed they were getting it ready to open for business. We arrived at the end of November and a cab driver told me it had been there just two weeks.

Great news! Especially if they will carry Bohemia Obscura.
I checked today - Modelo Negra - Sí. Bohemia Obscura - No. Que lastima!

They also didn't appear to have the 10L kegs of water, but had several options for packages with up to 1.5L bottles. I suspect they are starting with some standard inventory based on the location west of the square. I would expect they'll tune the inventory over the next few months.

Just so I can grab some water and start hydrating upon arrival it's all good! Then if I can manage to get my "Coke Zero" fix in there somewhere I'll be a REALLY happy camper :wink: It goes so well with my fireball cinnamon whiskey!

Then if I can manage to get my "Coke Zero" fix ...
The local equivalent is "Coke sin azucar". There's a slight difference in taste, but I notice it more when I go back to Coke Zero. You definitely don't want "Coke Lite" - waaaaay too sweet (and very different from Diet Coke in the USA).

Usually avoid going in the one next to Woody's; last time I was in there it was a mess.

Hope they can keep this new one cleaned up.

Yeah, I was at the Casa in December and was always wondering when the 7/11 would open. It never did when I was there. I guess on my next trip I'll have to make the decision to take a right from the bottom of the escalator and walk 10 steps for a late night 7/11 hot dog or take a left, cross the street and grab a dog from the hot dog cart vendor that sets up shop there every evening. I think I'll head left and support the local street vendor (for hot dogs).

Back
Top Bottom