Firmware Update Cloud - help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just updated my Perdix AI, apparently that deletes all the AI information out of the logs. A heads up would have been nice.
I just alerted Shearwater to this issue. I had the same problem, but luckily had already backed up my dives to my computer.

For those updating to v65 of the Firmware, BACK UP YOUR DIVES FIRST! Then, with subsequent dive uploads to your other devices (phone/desktop/tablet/Cloud) just do an incremental backup, not a full upload of your computer, because every dive from before the Firmware upgrade no longer appears to have pressure data, and those blanks may get overwritten onto your computer.

I knew there was a reason I kept a handwritten log...:facepalm:

Hi rsingler,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I can assure you that updating to v65 doesn't wipe any data from your computer.

In v65 we changed some rules for how SAC gets calculated. This also impacts how the start and end wireless AI pressures are determined. If no valid AI communications are found in the first two minutes of the dive, then the starting pressure is recorded as N/A. Likewise, if no valid AI communications are found in the last two minutes of the dive, then the ending pressure is recorded as N/A. If either start or end pressure is missing, then no SAC is calculated.

It could be this isn't working as intended in some situations, or that these rules are too restrictive. It would be great if you can share some dive logs with us so we can analyze the specifics of your case. If you've already sent an email, we can continue from there.

Best regards,
Tyler
Shearwater Research

I can assure you that updating to v65 doesn't wipe any data from your computer.
Well that's at least two of us now so there's something not right, the starting and ending pressures and SAC rates have gone on every log.

The Shearwater guys have been busy, and have already updated the Cloud Desktop more than once.
My most recent dives are now calculating SAC correctly on the Cloud Desktop. I tried deleting an earlier dive and reloading it to see if it recalculates my SAC now, but no joy. The Dive Log version in the Perdix is listed as the same as before the firmware update, so it seems like the calculations are made at the end of the dive and placed in hard storage.

Shearwater is absolutely correct in their assertion that no pressure data has been lost, despite a "N/A" still showing on the computer itself. I created a phantom second account, and loading the pre-firmware change dives into the new account showed all pressure data, even though it was not visible on the Perdix itself.

There seems to be a residual display problem with the correct average SAC on the Perdix's Dive Log page, though the proper running SAC is displayed in the bottom row. Shearwater is looking into this, from info I received today.

@Shearwater , haven't heard back on this issue, from which I conclude that it's within the new SAC rules as noted above:

In v65 we changed some rules for how SAC gets calculated. This also impacts how the start and end wireless AI pressures are determined. If no valid AI communications are found in the first two minutes of the dive, then the starting pressure is recorded as N/A. Likewise, if no valid AI communications are found in the last two minutes of the dive, then the ending pressure is recorded as N/A. If either start or end pressure is missing, then no SAC is calculated.

Since I set my dive end out six minutes due to teaching, so that short surface intervals don't get divided into multiple dives, I'm presuming that at the end of the last six minute period, no valid AI pressure is received for 2 minutes (since I'm not breathing from the reg and I presume AI goes to sleep?) and the end pressure is thus N/A. With N/A as one of the points, no SAC is calculated.

Is there any solution to these dropped calcs other than shortening my surface time before time end to less than 2 minutes? Will manually ending the dive enable me to keep my longer automatic dive end time?

UPDATE: Just heard back via email on a related issue, and am told there's a new firmware version in the works. Fingers crossed. Thanks, Shearwater!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom