Recent info for Tofo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dblmc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A friend and I are planning a dive trip to Tofo in May. I've been looking through info here, however most information on operators and places to stay seem a few years old. Does anyone have any recent information on dive operators you'd recommend, or places to stay?

We are a couple of chill ladies looking forward to some relaxing diving and sea time :)

thank you!
Mary

specifically, does anyone have information on Liquid Dive Adventures? I haven't seen them mentioned here before. Thanks all!

Mary

I will PM some info to you

we were in Tofo around new year time 2018 - diving with peri peri divers - excellent operator - and stayed at Casa Barry lodge - reasonable value for money. Tofo is very small and walkable all around. Tofo has lots of nice little food places. Casa na praia had wonderful coctails right on the beach - and looked like nice place to stay too. We saw liquid from the beach - looked very nice in modern minimalistic kind of way.
diving is fantastic and despite somewhat stormy weather we saw mantas on most of the dives and even a whale shark on scuba - here is a full report with video Diving Tofo Beach, Mozambique – Divingmore

Last edited:
I'm looking to head to Tofo flying from Nairobi after finishing a safari in the area but it looks like a crazy long trip and very expensive to reach there from Nairobi. 24 hour trip and $1000+ 1 way seems ridiculous when it's such a short distance as the bird flies.

Does anyone have any better ideas on how to get there? Or else I'll be diving in Tanzania as my wife wants to stay in the East Africa region.

Will be in August or September

Book your flights in stages. Getting to Maputo can be done relatively reasonably via Johannesburg. From Maputo you have the option of flying to Inhambane or taking a coach. The Coach is longer but more reliable as the LAM flights can be cancelled on a whim.

Hi everyone,

A friend and I are planning a dive trip to Tofo in May. I've been looking through info here, however most information on operators and places to stay seem a few years old. Does anyone have any recent information on dive operators you'd recommend, or places to stay?

We are a couple of chill ladies looking forward to some relaxing diving and sea time :)

thank you!
Mary

It is not relaxing diving off Tofo. It’s quite some work to be honest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom