Buford Sink Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattleach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Found the following post on Adventure Outfitter's Facebook Page:

The rumors are true! Just got off the phone with FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute. Bufford sink will be closed until further notice due to construction for a boardwalk that will run all the way to the spring. They mentioned that safety was one of their concerns. We did confirm with one of the biologists that there is no more planned construction for the dive site at Eagle's Nest which you now need a permit to dive

I was out there Saturday and there were no signs indicating this...at the site or near the main gate sign. Not disputing the claim, just curious as to if it's true, why isn't it posted at the location.

I personally haven't dove there yet (although hoping to soon) so i don't know but just thought i would pass the information along. One of the comments on the post seems to back it up though: "I can corroborate. Buford was closed/ locally marked ‘no trespassing’ on Saturday, January 26, 2019 when we arrived there. Not much had happened yet, though."

Adventure Outfitters

I didn't walk all the way to the spring so maybe it's posted there, but you'd think they'd post it where people park... Thanks for the heads up.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom