Any experience buying from Deep Blue Dive Centre?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ash176

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I'm planning to get my own BC. But the price at my place is way too expensive. Came across this website www.deepbluedive.com and was wondering how legit is this seller. Cause the price is way too low as compared to others and they are based in UK. Any inputs is highly appreciated. Thank you.

By the way, I'm planning to get the Apeks Black Ice BCD. And Apeks has restriction on exporting their stuffs to Singapore.

I buy virtually all my diving gear from them (wetsuits excepted). Sometimes I visit the shop which is just over 80 mile drive, other times I get mail order. Prompt service and never any problem changing something that did not fit (gloves and fins) or was faulty (Suunto zoop novo).
I got an Aqualung core regs & Axiom BCD package at a very good price. Their main diving staff member uses Apex regs, don't know what his BCD is, bu he does most of his diving rysuit in North sea and right through winter. The have an in shop swimming pool for dive training.

I buy virtually all my diving gear from them (wetsuits excepted). Sometimes I visit the shop which is just over 80 mile drive, other times I get mail order. Prompt service and never any problem changing something that did not fit (gloves and fins) or was faulty (Suunto zoop novo).
I got an Aqualung core regs & Axiom BCD package at a very good price. Their main diving staff member uses Apex regs, don't know what his BCD is, bu he does most of his diving rysuit in North sea and right through winter. The have an in shop swimming pool for dive training.
So you're saying that this dive shop is legit? My concern is that my email to them hasn't got any reply at all. And that a little bit of search on the NET yields unfavourable reviews by some. Cause I'm buying a BCD which is a big ticket item, therefore I want to be on the safe side. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Deep Blue Dive is rated "Bad" with 1.6 / 10 on Trustpilot
I just had a look at the trust pilot score and they do get a few bad reviews. My guess is they sell a lot of gear and most buyers don't post satisfactory purchases.The shop is legit, I have been in several times and watched people in the training pool which is in the shop. They are open 7 days a week so there can be times when there are no dive staff in. About 1/2 the shop is fitness / other sports. You could contact RAID to ask about them. Buying on Credit card is not really a risk because if supplier fails CC company will sort it out (In UK anyway). You could try phoning them and asking for Josh.

I bought 4 tanks from them. Super happy and fast delivery. Very helpful.

Deep Blue Dive is rated "Bad" with 1.6 / 10 on Trustpilot
I just had a look at the trust pilot score and they do get a few bad reviews. My guess is they sell a lot of gear and most buyers don't post satisfactory purchases.The shop is legit, I have been in several times and watched people in the training pool which is in the shop. They are open 7 days a week so there can be times when there are no dive staff in. About 1/2 the shop is fitness / other sports. You could contact RAID to ask about them. Buying on Credit card is not really a risk because if supplier fails CC company will sort it out (In UK anyway). You could try phoning them and asking for Josh.
I read Trust Pilot reviews too. Which raise my concern. And my email sent to them 3 days ago still has yet to get any replies from them. Sad case, really.

I was just wondering the same thing as I have just purchased a new wetsuit from them online. I have been trying to check the status of the order and haven't been able to log into my account, with the website stating that I have been temporarily locked out of my account. Tried to reset the password and haven't been able to get link to do so. I also have seen the reviews and one of the reviews written today about 3 hours ago was from an old employee there stating that the shop lies about their stock and their customer reps are told to lie about stock and to put the blame on shipping companies. I am going to try to contact them via telephone and if I can't get a hold of them I will start the fraudulent charge process with my credit card. Kind of nervous I will have to do this, I just want my wetsuit.

Oh dear....that's bad. We really should just boycott such store. Hope you can get your charges reversed back.

Update on the situation:
I got a hold of a customer service rep and they confirmed my order and said that they have sent me a password reset and that I should receive an email in 2-3 hours. Still makes me nervous that is was lies due to the reviews I have read. At OP, if you aren't in any rush, I can keep you updated on the status of my order and you can make the decision yourself, but so far, I have mixed feelings regarding that company. I hope they prove me wrong and I will be happy with their service.

I hope that helps.

Thank you. But I've decided not to buy from them already as I've already bought me a BCD by Scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom