Which DPV Suex XJoy7 or Yamaha li500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enevoldsen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there
My Buddy and i, are considering going "The Scooter way" and we are looking at the Yamaha 500LI and the Suex XJ7... Two differnet types - which one would YOU consider?
Bring it on :)

If those are the only two options you are loooking at. Johnny is 100% right. The xjoy7. However have you looked at the Sub-Gravity AquaProp? Beats both scooters in all categories. 1 exception the xjoy7 is 5 meters/min faster in highest setting. However with a burn time of 200 mins compared to the 45/75 of the suex. I’ll take the much much much more run time per charge over the 5 meters/min faster. Similar pricing between the units too.

I made the mistake of purchasing a Yamaha a few weeks ago. Asked folks on here about it. Didn’t heed their advice.... well now I own the Aquaprop. Coulda saved myself a lot of money and frustration just going with the real dpv the first time.

Full disclaimer, I've never done any dpv diving. With that said, just looking at the specs, this isn't even a close comparison. On the quality front, the suex, no contest.

Actually, Suex has a new model out. Under $3K, lithium battery, lots of thrust and good run time. I would look at that one over the XJ 7. Just looked it up. It is the XJ VR.

Actually, Suex has a new model out. Under $3K, lithium battery, lots of thrust and good run time. I would look at that one over the XJ 7. Just looked it up. It is the XJ VR.
Actually i ended up buying a Suex XJ VR... Thanx for all the good advices!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom