E11 CO replacement sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rddvet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My CO monitor is starting to act odd, so it's time to replace the sensor. Is there anywhere to source them? I saw that DRIS has them for $287. At that price it's a hard decision to replace or throw away the unit and get something else.

Replacement Oxygen Sensor for O2EII Analyzer

DRIS has them for $126

When my analox CO checker needed a sensor I sold it and bought a cootwo to replace it. The cootwo does oxygen (nitrox) and co testing simultaneously. Cootwo is $299.

Replacement Oxygen Sensor for O2EII Analyzer

DRIS has them for $126

When my analox CO checker needed a sensor I sold it and bought a cootwo to replace it. The cootwo does oxygen (nitrox) and co testing simultaneously. Cootwo is $299.

That's the O2 sensor, not the CO sensor. The CO sensor is $287.

That's the oxygen sensor. I need the CO sensor.

If I buy something else, which will likely be the case, it will be an oxycheq. I already have one attached to my compressor. I'm not a fan of the Cootwo. I know too many people that aren't happy with theirs. Especially since it locks you out when it's due for calibration. And requires factory calibration. That's a no-go for me.

That's the O2 sensor, not the CO sensor. The CO sensor is $287.
Yep, my mistake. I THOUGHT it was a much easier decision than that to replace the analox :wink:.

I was faced with the same issue and decided to purchase a Sensorcon unit. Not ideal but it is workable and does accept the dome from the Analox Unit as a direct fit. I don't think the results are as accurate but are enough for a go/no go decision. The Oxychek is a far superior unit from what I can see. Has anybody found a sensor that will work with the Analox that is a little more economical.

Especially since it locks you out when it's due for calibration. And requires factory calibration.
It does not require factory calibration. Divenav even provides video instructions on how to calibrate yourself, all you need to do it is some bump gas. You can get that from places like grainger.com The sensors themselves are $80 each for both the CO and O2 sensor.

AFAIK the only thing they make you send the unit in for is to get firmware upgrades. That is kind of lame, but I think making a jtag is probably beyond most divers so I can see why divenav went that route.

I'm not trying to talk you into one if you've already decided against it, just pointing out that there really is no factory calibration requirement. I don't have any relationship with them beyond being a customer.

I was faced with the same issue and decided to purchase a Sensorcon unit. Not ideal but it is workable and does accept the dome from the Analox Unit as a direct fit. I don't think the results are as accurate but are enough for a go/no go decision. The Oxychek is a far superior unit from what I can see. Has anybody found a sensor that will work with the Analox that is a little more economical.

I had a sensorcon. It is a huge POS. It is highly inaccurate based on flow rate. I actually had so many issues that I sent multiple emails to the company (multiple due to the fact they don't reply). After much arguing back and forth they finally admitted that the sensorcon was never meant for dive applications and it was a secondary thought. They agreed that there is wild inaccuracy in scuba applications. If it was somewhat accurate I would say its a safe, quick check. It is inaccurate enough to show minimal CO when a significant amount is present. I wouldn't hesitate to say the Sensorcon is dangerous in diving applications.

It does not require factory calibration. Divenav even provides video instructions on how to calibrate yourself, all you need to do it is some bump gas. You can get that from places like grainger.com The sensors themselves are $80 each for both the CO and O2 sensor.

AFAIK the only thing they make you send the unit in for is to get firmware upgrades. That is kind of lame, but I think making a jtag is probably beyond most divers so I can see why divenav went that route.

I'm not trying to talk you into one if you've already decided against it, just pointing out that there really is no factory calibration requirement. I don't have any relationship with them beyond being a customer.

That's right, firmware not calibration. I miswrote. I don't like that it can lock you out, though I understand the sentiment.

I had a sensorcon. It is a huge POS. It is highly inaccurate based on flow rate. I actually had so many issues that I sent multiple emails to the company (multiple due to the fact they don't reply). After much arguing back and forth they finally admitted that the sensorcon was never meant for dive applications and it was a secondary thought. They agreed that there is wild inaccuracy in scuba applications. If it was somewhat accurate I would say its a safe, quick check. It is inaccurate enough to show minimal CO when a significant amount is present. I wouldn't hesitate to say the Sensorcon is dangerous in diving applications.
My experience is that if there is no CO then the unit will show that regardless of flow rate. If there is CO there will be a reading that varies considerably with flow rate. If it shows any CO I then use the bag method to determine the amount. As I said it is not ideal but is workable for me. When it does fail I will not replace it with the same unit.

Here is another option. Expensive but a good unit that you can calibrate yourself but the fitting needs to be purchased from Analytical Industries.
Palm CO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer

You could also get a decent non-diving CO monitor from RAE Industries shown here. I've used it extensively for diving and never had a problem except you do need a flow restrictor to attach the unit to your Lp BCD hose. Also the unit is disposable since the sensor cannot be replaced in North America. Cost ~ $US240. My unit has lasted 5 years now. It is the fastest unit on the market which is a factor checking tanks on rocking dive boats. It takes about 12 seconds to get a reading.
ToxiRAE 3 Single-Gas Monitor for CO and H2S | RAE Systems

I agree with Rddvet that the Sensorcon unit is so unreliable for breathing air applications that one should just avoid it. The sensor is highly flow dependent.

In the end the Analox CO EII is/was the best diving specific CO analyzer on the market and my advice would be to spend the money and keep it going. The sensor will likely last you 5 years and I've see units hold their calibration well over a year. As long as Analox sells the sensors that will be my go to unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom