• Garmin Descent

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Both

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The altimeter on mine has been pretty good - about as accurate as you’d expect,

I have heard of a few with faulty sensors the were replaced by Garmin immediately.

Teric. Will never use either the Teric or the Descent as an everyday watch. Neither are half as capable in that regard as the Apple Watch. So, for me, it is just a dive computer that can be a watch while on a dive vacation.

Even on a 4 dive day, the Teric battery was showing 65% at bed time.

Shearwater told me that there is a firmware upgrade coming the end of this month which will have the Teric showing the "true" charged figure since I told them after charging over 24 hours it seemed to indicate much less than 100%. At the same time, on my dive profiles, it never showed the battery charge declining. I'm hoping the firmware fix will show that it really does operate for as long as advertised before the battery gets close to being in need of recharging. See the dive profile screen grab below . . . yellow line is the battery charge as reported by the Teric all along the 3rd dive of the day. Never drops in charge value. Stay tuned . . .

Attachments

• Teric Log 3rd Dive.jpg
    Teric Log 3rd Dive.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Jay
Syncing takes place over Bluetooth and is somewhat automatic. I can get back to my car after a dive and before I have changed out of my gear, my dive has already been synced to the cloud and I get a nice little notification that it's ready to view.

The major drawback of this environment is that an internet connection is required to not only sync the data to Garmin Connect but to even view anything more than a high level summary. The Garmin Connect Mobile app stores only summary data and the real data is stored in the cloud. This means that if you are in a remote location with no internet access, it is not possible to sync with Garmin Connect or view any dive data.

did Garmin change this? I hate vendor lock-ins and all these cloud bullhits so having a mandatory internet connection to simply view a dive log is a massive no-go for me.

also what could you say about MK1's compass? I love Teric's compass arrows shown over the data, does MK1 have something like this?

does MK1 have a deco-planner or only a NDL planner?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom