Apek XTX100 servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jay! Meanwhile i sent an email to Apek for clarification. i wish the service manual was published somewhere so we end-user can cross-check but so far only found the older version.
There are no "new" versions. I finished my service training last year and the manuals we got are exactly the same as ones I pulled from here: https://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/.
Like @JackD342 said, yoke version is WHITE FILTER ONLY, and DIN version is cone filter only.
I'm not sure if it's possible to put cone filter to yoke version, due to differing lengths of connector.

The white sinter disc(AP1406) is NOT O2 compatible while the brass conical filter(AP1472) is. Read the small print on the service kit.
I have stopped using the white sinter disc for many many yrs.
The brass conical filter will fit both DIN and Yoke connector. The length of the connection is NOT important because it is fit on the other end!.
There is nothing wrong with the service carried out by the OP's LDS as long as the brass filter is being fitted.
However, if your tank is corroded or contaminated with oil then you can readily see the dirty deposit on the white disc after a few dives. It is harder to spot on the brass filter because it is buried deep inside the connector.

The white sinter disc(AP1406) is NOT O2 compatible while the brass conical filter(AP1472) is. Read the small print on the service kit.
I have stopped using the white sinter disc for many many yrs.
The brass conical filter will fit both DIN and Yoke connector. The length of the connection is NOT important because it is fit on the other end!.
There is nothing wrong with the service carried out by the OP's LDS as long as the brass filter is being fitted.
However, if your tank is corroded or contaminated with oil then you can readily see the dirty deposit on the white disc after a few dives. It is harder to spot on the brass filter because it is buried deep inside the connector.
New service kits (yellow card) contain AP1406 which is the Porvair filter. This is different than the white plastic disk. That was part AP1406/1 and was used with the conical filter.

Aqualung Tech Bulletin #48 dated Oct 1, 2017 states:

“The Porvair filter has passed adiabatic testing and is approved for nitrox/EAN to 40% or with additional cleaning to 100% oxygen.”

I don’t personally use any yoke models for high O2 applications...but the new Porvair filter is (or can be made) O2 compatible.

Well, there are differences after all. The manual that @Centrals posted a link to is published by AL in 2002. Manuals posted by Apeks in 2015. have no mention of this. DIN is conical, yoke is white disk.

Apeks ATX 200 1st Stage Service Manual - Page 6 of 16

O2 compatible is different from Nitrox compatible.
That Provair filter require additional cleaning to make it O2 compatible.

Dip it in Blue Gold and rinse...done. That is typical language for putting things into O2 service.

You also link to an old 2002 service manual. The most recent manual is dated September 17, 2017.

Again, we are talking about using a yoke first stage for elevated O2 applications and that is not something that I see very often. DIN regulators are more common.

If I took my Apeks regulator to an authorized Aqualung service technician, I would expect the regulator be returned with either the conical filter and the plastic disk (still authorized if old service kits are in stock) or with no conical filter and the Porvair filter.

With that said...there may be regional differences and changes authorized by Aqualung that I won't receive information on since I am located in North America,

There are no "new" versions. I finished my service training last year and the manuals we got are exactly the same as ones I pulled from here: https://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/.
Like @JackD342 said, yoke version is WHITE FILTER ONLY, and DIN version is cone filter only.
I'm not sure if it's possible to put cone filter to yoke version, due to differing lengths of connector.

I would hope that your authorized Aqualung training had newer manuals than what is maintained at the website you reference. Every single manual I looked at was outdated. Here in North America authorized technicians have access to the Aqua Lung technical website which contains the latest service manuals and documents for the equipment we have completed training on.

Difference between the old plastic filter guard compared to the Porvair filter if interested. If you have the plastic filter guard there should be a conical filter installed. If you have the Porvair filter, then no conical filter is installed.

I would expect a conical filter without the plastic filter guard to work fine, it is just that the opportunity to block the filter by foreign objects is increased when compared to the DIN version. This would not be a configuration approved by the manufacturer that I am aware of.

Attachments

• Apeks_Filters.jpg
    Apeks_Filters.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52

Back
Top Bottom