Question about shore diving in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you get there, pick up the book " Dive Guide Bonaire".
Worth every penny. Tells you about entry and exit points as well as the dive.
Dove for a week, never the same dive twice ( except at our house reef at Sand Dollar) never used a boat.
Salt Pier is easy from shore, as was the Hooker, 1000 Steps and Oil Slick. Also Angel City, Wind Sock, Bachelors Beach, Bari Reef.
I am sure I have forgotten a few.
Can't wait to return.
Used a hard bottom shoe, no regrets.

hroark,

What do you wear inside the CT's in warm water?

boat

I can't speak for the Chuck Taylor's specifically, but I found I really like wearing lightweight wool socks under my dive boots. If I wore CT's diving, I'd definitely wear the same wool socks

Good info, first trip to Bonaire coming up in a few months.

You might be able to demo a couple of shoes from Dive Friends as well. Myself there isnt a sole thick enough for many of the shore acces dives we do on Bonaire. Picture yourself with everything on walking over 50 feet of broken glass while the waves are rolling over you.

my wife tried on a pair of Tulsa booties that have a thick sole but thin body. She liked them a lot.

There're also urchins, thorns in the parking areas, and stubbed toes. So the extra protection on the toes and arches is good for those hazards too.

... there isnt a sole thick enough for many of the shore acces dives we do on Bonaire.

Haven't found a dive there yet that my Akona's had any problem with. I can walk over anything, even the devil's teeth lava/coral on GC and not feel a thing. Plus, since they are very thin uppers, the very thick sole doesn't change the fit of my fins.
AKNLCMB.jpg

Haven't found a dive there yet that my Akona's had any problem with. I can walk over anything, even the devil's teeth lava/coral on GC and not feel a thing. Plus, since they are very thin uppers, the very thick sole doesn't change the fit of my fins.
View attachment 504906

You don't find that the fins' strap diggs in into the back of your foot since no hard rubber present in the boots?

Back
Top Bottom