Need help planning a dive trip to Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can still use "In support of the Cuban People" exemption. It is true the "people to people" exemption has been removed but if you are able to stay at "Casa Particulares," eat and patronize non-government entities and keep an itinerary, you should be fine... You Can Travel to Cuba Legally. Here is How in 2019. | ViaHero

How does this apply in regards to liveaboards?

That would be in support of the Cuban people, so long as it isn't owned by the government. Make sure to stay at an airbnb when not not on the boat (before and/or after). Most of the hotels are government owned.

That would be in support of the Cuban people, so long as it isn't owned by the government. Make sure to stay at an airbnb when not not on the boat (before and/or after). Most of the hotels are government owned.

Exactly. And if you don't mind staying in someone's house, you'll have a great time. My wife and I stayed AirBnB the entire trip. Every morning we had great breakfasts before we left the house, coffee and A/C every night. Now, some of the places were Spanish speaking only so that was the twist in our case, but Casas usually cater to Europeans and Canadians and speak English.

Exactly. And if you don't mind staying in someone's house, you'll have a great time. My wife and I stayed AirBnB the entire trip. Every morning we had great breakfasts before we left the house, coffee and A/C every night. Now, some of the places were Spanish speaking only so that was the twist in our case, but Casas usually cater to Europeans and Canadians and speak English.

On airbnb you can choose to find whole apartments for rent. You don't need to stay with other people in the same domicile.

On airbnb you can choose to find whole apartments for rent. You don't need to stay with other people in the same domicile.
Yes

When I went to Cuba in early 90’s I stayed at Hotel Colony in Isla de la Juventud.

Great diving.

German divers love that place.

If you haven't booked your airline ticket, you will want to do it today. Policy for travel to Cuba is changing. Anything bought after today cannot use the People to People reason for travel.

Considering a dive trip to Cuba.
are there any liveaboard trips shorter than 8 days to Gardens of the Queen from Cuba?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom