Need advice: stay in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!
I´m staying 1 week in Curacao (May´19). My husband and I are scuba diving and we are travelling with my 2 kids (2 and 4 years old) and my parents-in-law.
So we wanted to stay in a kids friendly hotel/resort in a good location for scuba diving.

Do you have any advices?

We´ve been to Sunscape (5 years ago -without kids) but we didn´t like it very much...Do you have others alternative?

Thank you so much!!

This place was across the street from our AirBNB we just returned from last week. Nos Sono. It's not an all inclusive though. It's pretty interesting, but maybe pricey. Our host spoke good of the owners, and it's freshly remodeled. We meant to check it out before leaving, but unfortunately didn't make the time to walk over there, as we wanted to scout it out in case we ever bring the kidlets with us. Westpunt is a great place to stay, it's quiet and no traffic, and the beaches and diving are fantastic. All west diving is located a short walk, or quick drive away and they have dive packages, both shore and charter. It's easy to get to Lagun, Casa Abou, Jeremiah, Santa Martha etc from there. On the flip side, groceries and sundries are a 35 minute or more drive to the markets.

Their website:
Nos Sono

You might look in south Willemstad near the aquarium. Lions Dive Resort is across the channel or there;s the Rioyal Seaquarium condos. Obviously the kids will like the aquarium, Ocean Encounters main shop is 50' from Lions Dive and they have a nice little beach. Behind the resort is Mambo Blvd. a recent shops/restaurants complex and the Ostrich Farm is pretty close by. It's about 4-5 mins. to downtown but misses the cruise crush.
If you want to leave the car for the in-laws,the Dive Bus will pick you up for paid shorediving.
You've also got the Tugboat and Director's Bay dive sites nearby and Pierbaai Beach a few mins. north is a nice one as well as the Carpile dive site.

Lion's Dive doesn't have the best house reef but there is one. Some of their units have full kitchens. Nice big pool and a kiddie pool also.

Don't take the kids/parents west to the Lagun area unless they like the beach since that's all there is to do in the area except hiking Christoffel Park. Most food is a considerable drive back to near town also. We stayed a few days in Lagun and our apt, mgr suggested stopping at Centrum Market for food b4 driving out. Cas Abao or Porto Mari - both nice beaches - are even quieter.

Sunscape really is the kids resort there.It's a former Breezes family resort. IDK another like it.

Hi!
I´m staying 1 week in Curacao (May´19). My husband and I are scuba diving and we are travelling with my 2 kids (2 and 4 years old) and my parents-in-law.
So we wanted to stay in a kids friendly hotel/resort in a good location for scuba diving.

Do you have any advices?

We´ve been to Sunscape (5 years ago -without kids) but we didn´t like it very much...Do you have others alternative?

Thank you so much!!
Would recommend you look into Santa Barbara resort. They have a dive shop on property and are closer to the best dive sites on Curaçao (east). They have a private beach which is really nice.

What did you not like about Sunscape? That might help people advise you. And what are you looking for in terms of 'kid friendly' - a kids' club with staff who'll take care of post-potty cleanup, that sort of thing, or just a little on site playground?

Richard.

If your budget can take it, an apartment at Lions Dive might work well. IMHO Lions Dive is much nicer than Seascape. If it was the area and big resort feel that you did not like at Seascape, look at Lagun Blou at their private villa. The place looks gorgeous and the price is right. Private Pool and shore diving from the property. It is out on the quiet side of the island so if quiet is your thing it might be a good option. .

Would recommend you look into Santa Barbara resort. They have a dive shop on property and are closer to the best dive sites on Curaçao (east). They have a private beach which is really nice.
What dive shop is at Santa Barbara resort? I can't find any mention of diving on the resort website. I think I recall Ocean Encounters boats picking up there (maybe years back when it was a Hilton or Hyatt?) but they don't mention it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom