Where to dive in Dominican Republic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCL,
I just got back from a week in Bayahibe and went diving with Coral Point Diving. The dive sites are nice especially the Atlantic Princess which is a wreck at a depth of less than 60'. it was my first trip down there and I had a blast. Luca and the gang are the best people. I can't speak about the other shops in the area so I won't disparage any of them but the nice thing about coral point is they are the only ones with a shop right on the water. I am posting you a link to my Tripadvisor review and to their website. I was right there so transportation was not an issue for me. I highly recommend them for both professionalism and price. Hope you have a great trip!

Coral Point Diving forget the rest they are the best - Review of Coral Point Diving, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic - TripAdvisor

Coral Point Diving – PADI IDC Career Development Center - Bayahibe

Dove Punta Cana Jan 2019. Not very exciting but didn't want to take a day to go to the other side. Mine was not a dive trip and I didn't have high expectations going in. Dressel Divers did a good job though.

Dove Punta Cana last January, nothing spectacular, moderate surge on every dive. Enjoyable, warm, some dead coral, decent amount of fish.

Dove Catalina 4 dives and enjoyed that. Seahorses, eels, a tiger, turtles, Ray's, etc. Decent wall, no current, decent temp. Wouldnt go back, mainly because we didnt really enjoy the top side portion much. I guess if I got a steal of a deal I would go again, but it would have to be alot cheaper then Cozumel.

Which other islands in the Caribbean with diving have a similar low price point as DR? thanks

If you can make the trip over to John at ScubaFun, definitely do. Well run shop with good pricing and awesome staff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom