Recommends on dry suit under garments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Floyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m taking my dry suit class this month. Open water will be in fresh water with a water temp around 55* F, the shop has a fleet of brand new rental dry suits but I wil need my own under garments. I have a set of Under armor thermal leggings and a thermal long sleeve I use over my cycling gear when on rides I know I will need to shed layers later in the ride.
They are wicking and fast drying. I’m trying to not buy anything that is dive specific until I see who much diveing I will do in a dry suit.

55F is 13C, for me that's cold.

With what you already have though and without going mental buying new stuff, perhaps a pair of fleece tracksuit trousers and sweatshirt over the UA layer will work for you.

It will be a matter of trial and error as only you know how cold you feel.

Go to the hunting section of Walmart and buy a pair of their fleece long John pants. It is what I use when the water temp is above 10c. I use a fleece pullover top and under armor type base layers underneath on top and bottom. Oh, and thick wool or fleece socks.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom