1000 posts and still not Red?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the greater things about this board is that threads aren't locked down and posts don't get removed unless they're really bad.
Most forums I've been on have been way more strict about moderating posts/threads and it's very nice to see that's not the case here.
A lot of forum owners couldn't take criticism if their life depended on it, on here you could openly express any problems you have with the board (or the staff) and you would be met with a response rather than a ban or deleted post.
Locking a thread just because it might get derailed or because you don't like the topic of the discussion is rarely a good solution.
Just my 2 cents, I think the staff on here are doing a stellar job.

My last post here (famous last words? See if I can stick to them...) Had the OP used honey rather than a sledge hammer in his tactics, I'd wager this thread would have gone in an entirely different direction yet still gain the result of additional supporters signing up.... maybe more. I was actually thinking of it prior, but with the approach, backed off until another time. I'm just wired that way......

:acclaim:

Peace and out.

My last post here (famous last words? See if I can stick to them...) Had the OP used honey rather than a sledge hammer in his tactics, I'd wager this thread would have gone in an entirely different direction yet still gain the result of additional supporters signing up.... maybe more. I was actually thinking of it prior, but with the approach, backed off until another time. I'm just wired that way......

:acclaim:

Peace and out.
Yep.
Hardwired. Can't help it either.
Another tme...

Using excuses? Meh...if one cared to donate and you’ve been around here for a while, one would have already done so. To say I’m not “now” because someone posted a nudge is....well, let’s just leave it at that :wink:

One of the greater things about this board is that threads aren't locked down and posts don't get removed unless they're really bad.
Most forums I've been on have been way more strict about moderating posts/threads and it's very nice to see that's not the case here.
A lot of forum owners couldn't take criticism if their life depended on it, on here you could openly express any problems you have with the board (or the staff) and you would be met with a response rather than a ban or deleted post.
Locking a thread just because it might get derailed or because you don't like the topic of the discussion is rarely a good solution.
Just my 2 cents, I think the staff on here are doing a stellar job.
Appreciate your comment! I’ve been on sites that are so overly moderated you cant opine one bit....that is not what the internet/forums are all about. And I’ve left those sites pretty quickly. Short of individual insults, I’m a firm believer in the Open Net and SB certainly welcomes that. Yes, thanks to all the mods that keep the peace. Kudos!

Using excuses? Meh...if one cared to donate and you’ve been around here for a while, one would have already done so. To say I’m not “now” because someone posted a nudge is....well, let’s just leave it at that :wink:
Are you trying to drive people away?

Are you trying to drive people away?
Not at all....you can stay or freely go I guess...that’s not my call.

Going and going and going...
I guess I like a New York nudge that questions me on the pretty standard practice of asking what donations go towards not very much at all then. Thanks to Pete for explaining, but no thanks to that sort of nudge. You are right that at this point I do not care to donate. Are you helping anyone by continuing to nudge? Your call. I decide on facts and sometimes impulse... You were questioning why anyone would want facts and you were doing nothing for impulse. If I wanted to be nudged or manipulated or bullied or shamed or guilted into something I‘d go elsewhere. I certainly am not here for that and dońt care for it the least bit. Think of it as you may...

I’ve had a great time while it lasted.

Good bye folks! Happy diving!

Just because of @flyboy08 I will not donate to this board, ever.

You're welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom