Tecline Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gr8 Fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, all.
I am new here but I already have a question that I want to ask. =)
I am looking for some opinion about Tecline regulators as I am seriously considering buying it as my reg for ice and cave diving.
I have one friend who is using it, but he only make local dives in a real warm water.

So I want your opinion is it a good and reliable reg for a decent sum or I definitely need to save more money to buy something else.
May be my Google skills are bad, but even search over this forums gives me review about Tecline's wing =)

Thanks for your attention

They are Taiwan copy of Apeks as best I know. Personally I would buy Apeks or ScubaPro for overhead environment. I don't know anyone that has a Tecline and have never seen one for sale here (UK) other than online.

Hello, all.
I am new here but I already have a question that I want to ask. =)
I am looking for some opinion about Tecline regulators as I am seriously considering buying it as my reg for ice and cave diving.
I have one friend who is using it, but he only make local dives in a real warm water.

So I want your opinion is it a good and reliable reg for a decent sum or I definitely need to save more money to buy something else.
May be my Google skills are bad, but even search over this forums gives me review about Tecline's wing =)

Thanks for your attention

GR8...

Tecline's web site is showing Australia...their most recent catalogue...2015/2016...is showing an owner and an address in Poland...regulators are showing all the same design characteristics as all the usual suspects manufactured by Duton Industry Co. in Taiwan...compare what you're seeing from Tecline...with what's listed on Aquatec.com...face changes/color...

Same regergitated/re-branded regulators as HOG...Deep 6...also used by Apeks...Hollis...and numerous others...also showing a first stage...for drop-down hose configuration...ideal for doubles...DGX is showing a similar fixed turret first stage...from DiveRite...

They're finished...and faced a lot nicer than some of the above...look like a serious...professional...scuba regulator...

Lots of distributors in Europe...not so much in North America...

Availability of support is as important as the product...you may be forced to mail back and forth from Thailand to Australia or one of the European distributors...

Dive Gear Express in Florida has similar products...Deep 6...and DiveRite...mail is mail...Dive Gear Express...always has stock...and their support is second to none...

Best...

Warren

If you mean this company, Katalog Tecline | Start, it is Polish!!

I definitely mean this company.
I also found that this regs was tested by Dan.

bc33d85bb0ab59b4cd4220e31f14528e-full.jpg

Tecline is a Polish company, though their regs might be manufactured in TW as mentioned by others (not 100% sure).

However, used this reg before, basically solid regs based on the proven Apeks design. Would not mind buying them at all if the price is much cheaper.

For Malaysia, we do have a dealer for Tecline, thus making support and buying parts much easier. If you have a dealer for Thailand, I would suggest you get in touch with them, perhaps to rent the regs or arrange for a "try regs" session.

GR8...

Tecline is out of Australia...regulators are manufactured by Duton Industry Co. in Taiwan...

Same regergitated/re-branded regulators as HOG...Deep 6...Aquatec...also used by Apeks...Hollis...and numerous others...

They're finished...and faced a lot nicer than some of the above...look like a serious...professional...scuba regulator...as opposed to the grill on an orange 1958 Cadillac...

Availability of support is as important as the product...you may be forced to mail back and forth from Thailand to Australia...

Dive Gear Express in Florida has similar products...Deep 6...and DiveRite...mail is mail...Dive Gear Express...always has stock...and their support is second to none...

Best...

Warren

Were you traumatized as a child by a pumpkin or something that you have such an issue with the color orange?

It was the Cadillac!! A dark and stormy night. Some fruit, had gotten stuck on the grill. But the worst. The horror... I can barely speak of it.. but.. it was the citrus!! I knew the sugars were dripping... down the chrome. Gumming it up. Just. Just like. Just like it would make me. Make me all sticky and sweet. It chased me, throughout the night.... I knew, if only I could get to an established main line dealer, it would be scared away. BUT. But I could not get there. Try as I might. I crawled. On my hands, making them raw. AND STILL it was there. That fruit. That haunting... ORANGE... fruit.

(Deep6 features anywhere from a lot to a bare sliver of orange in their products. Some feel this makes them unprofessional. :rolleyes:. I have no relation to any of the above.)

... Would not mind buying them at all if the price is much cheaper.

For Malaysia, we do have a dealer for Tecline, thus making support and buying parts much easier.

The price is very cheap for me now - 450$ for all set (including manometer, long hoses and two second stages)
So if you compare tis prices with Apeks or Scubapro you can easily understand why I was seriously considering buying this set =)
It is like 50% less than Apeks or scubapro.

Also they do have an authoraized dealer in Bangkok, so no problems with service or spare parts)

I have made few dives with them on our local dive sites and have no complaints, but my biggest fear is free flow in 4° water
(great idea for vacation, right? =))

So I was hoping someone used them in such conditions)

But thx for your answers - I think I will buy my r5 Tec set.
Even if I will buy another one later, it is time to have my own set.
(and they have a pink, camo or red wing - not that I am not satisfied with my dive rite voyager, but, you know, red is faster. (it is a joke, btw) )

TECLINE is Polish, not Australian. They claim to manufacture all of their own gear. I don’t know if it is the case, but it’s entirely possible. Poland has significant manufacturing capabilities.

It’s an Apeks clone and barring any significant manufacturing defect, should perform just as well as the Apeks model from which is was “inspired.”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom