Future Sidemounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How rude :wink:

You can do the same thing with a double ender clipped to a choker, then unclip in when you get in the water.
I put Ring bungees on my X-Deep too. The way mine are rigged is that they still pull the tank back but being a direct mechanical connection to the harness take all teh weight on a boat etc. no need for moving clips under water.

I have a small parts bin full of different rings and clips etc tried and rejected in the search of the "perfect rig" for my circumstances. Still better than stamp collection

If you see a group of 10 sidemount divers.......you will have 12 different gear configurations. Lol
Agreed. I dive a Dive System sidemount BC and LP 85 tanks. A lot of people around here dive the x-deep and you'll see a few Razors as well. There are a lot of sidemount systems out there.

If you see a group of 10 sidemount divers.......you will have 12 different gear configurations. Lol

Sidemount.........death by a thousand adjustments. LOL

There are so many different rigs it is almost impossible to say x,y or z is the best... Personally, I use a Razor, but have also used the X-Deep (tec wing) on several occasions, and it's a very solid, well built rig. Either one of them will handle aluminum tanks or steels. On my razor I have put up to 6 tanks at once and it was able to handle it perfectly. The majority of my students who come with their own rigs will do so with a Razor or an X-Deep. On Occasion I've had students with Apeks rigs (another solid piece of gear), but those who come with Hollis SMSwhatever or Nomads. we usually end up having to modify the unit so much, that by the time it is set up properly, we could have set up 5 other ones.
Whatever you end up getting (I suggest you talk to your instructor prior to), make sure it is a dedicated SM rig that you feel comfortable using and that is appropriate for the type of diving you will be doing so that you only spend the money once... Those that claim to be good for everything (single bm, doubles bm, sidemount, etc) end up sucking at everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom