Best Dive Destination For Wreck, Cave and Deep Tech Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For cave diving (and even deep technical dives), I would suggest Playa del Carmen. Not just because that's where I live and teach, but having dived in the caves in NoFla many times in the past, they don't hold a candle to our caves. As far as wreck diving goes, the Great Lakes has fantastic wrecks (I know, it's US), Malta has phenomenal wreck diving opportunities and of course Chuuk (Truk Lagoon)..

If you find yourself coming down to Mexico and want to do your cave training, hit me up.

I have been very seriously thinking about Playa and randomly was just on your website last night.

Thank you all for the suggestions so far.

+1 for Natalie at Under the Jungle. I went with her 3x in 2011, 2016 & 2017.

She is even endorsed by @The Chairman

Heartily so! Mighty Mouse is the way to go! :D :D :D

There are 2 sides to the Great Lakes.
Sorry eh :wink:.
You are right!! My apologies! Don't know what I was thinking, as most of my dives in the GL were on the Canadian side!

I have been very seriously thinking about Playa and randomly was just on your website last night.

Thank you all for the suggestions so far.

Any time, dude! funny that you were on our website yesterday... I guess the interwebs is a smaller place than we thought, eh?

Heartily so! Mighty Mouse is the way to go! :D :D :D
I was just listening to her on "Speaking Sidemount" She is a ball of energy!

...but having dived in the caves in NoFla many times in the past, they don't hold a candle to our caves. .....

I would have to agree on this point (although it is sort of an "apples/oranges" comparison of the caves). If just for the decorations and depth if anything.

What, you dont like diving in the WKP area near Tallahassee, with about 10' vis and deep?!

SS Thistlegorm wreck is across the gulf from you is a nice one.

This one is on my list of wrecks to dive, in the top 5. I have been trying to get the center I work at to put together a trip but to no avail as of yet.

This one is on my list of wrecks to dive, in the top 5. I have been trying to get the center I work at to put together a trip but to no avail as of yet.

It's the best wreck I've been so far. No wreck in Florida come closed to it. Most of the wrecks in Florida were sunk intentionally for artificial reef. They had been stripped down to the bone, no armored tanks, no motorcycles, no automobiles, nothing.

USS Liberty in Tulamben in Bali, Indonesia is also a nice wreck to see. It also has a world class muck diving on black volcanic sand if you are into muck diving, not far off Lembeh. Also, there are tons of diving schools to choose from in Bali.

Another historical wrecks in Indonesia, that have not been visited as often as USS Liberty, are those in Cendrawasih Bay, West Papua, where I saw USAF Mustangs and Japanese Mitsubishi Zero sunk close to each other. This region was where General Douglas MacArthur pushed out the last Japanese military out of Indonesia.

The best wreck in the world is SS Yongala in Australia. It is in my bucket list, along with Truuk Lagoon.

Watch this video if you haven't seen it:

It's the best wreck I've been so far. No wreck in Florida come closed to it. Most of the wrecks in Florida were sunk intentionally for artificial reef. They had been stripped down to the bone, no armored tanks, no motorcycles, no automobiles, nothing.

USS Liberty in Tulamben in Bali, Indonesia is also a nice wreck to see. It also has a world class muck diving on black volcanic sand if you are into muck diving, not far off Lembeh. Bali also have plenty of diving schools.

Another historical wrecks in Indonesia, that have not been visited as often as USS Liberty, are those in Cendrawasih Bay, West Papua, where I saw USAF Mustangs and Japanese Mitsubishi Zero sunk close to each other. This site was where General Douglas MacArthur pushed out the last Japanese military out of Indonesia.

The best wreck in the world is SS Yongala in Australia. It is in my bucket list, along with Truuk Lagoon.

Watch this video if you haven't seen it:

That does look like an amazing wreck....althought listening to that guy's voice was killing me. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom