Wakatobi single supplement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetInPortland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a trip to Wakatobi booked for June, with final payment due in February. Unfortunately, my roommate found a new girlfriend (and I'm truly happy for him) but he's cancelled out of the Wakatobi trip, leaving me as a single.

Wakatobi's single supplement is only slightly less than the full, second person rate (essentially doubling my cost). The only other option is to volunteer for a room share. If they have another single of the same gender, they would pair us up to share the double room. There is no additional charge for this. If they don't have anyone to pair me with, I get the room to myself for the standard rate (what I'm currently planning on).

The last time I had a random roommate, I was a freshman in college (a long time ago). Has anyone taken the Wakatobi room share option? Comments on how it worked out, please?

Lucky you , off to Wakatobi !

I would imagine that not many single people go to Wakatobi and that those that do would have already paid a single supplement. As I’m sure you know single divers on liveaboards almost always end up sharing with instaroomies and this seems to work fine on the ten or twelve LOBs we have been on. You could ask Wakatobi if they could discount the supplement for you.

Enjoy your trip whatever you choose to do !

Try to sell the place at a discounted price with the buyer paying for name change, etc. You lose some money but it will be cheaper than paying full rate on your own. Good luck and enjoy it, it will be an amazing trip anyway!

Try to sell the place at a discounted price with the buyer paying for name change, etc. You lose some money but it will be cheaper than paying full rate on your own. Good luck and enjoy it, it will be an amazing trip anyway!
If you're suggesting I sell the double-occupancy room, the discounted price would likely cost me more than I have invested in the deposit at this point. If you're suggesting I discount the second person, I'm back to the random roommate scenario.

i’m looking at going in June as a single share, but don’t want to share, so am hoping no other single will be going at the same time. What are your June dates? Hopefully not same time as me otherwise I can change my dates, so not there same time as another single

i’m looking at going in June as a single share, but don’t want to share, so am hoping no other single will be going at the same time. What are your June dates? Hopefully not same time as me otherwise I can change my dates, so not there same time as another single
Nothing for you to worry about, with me at least. Wakatobi shares are gender segregated.

Oh I don want to share especially when paying so much, I was hoping when I go there wasn’t another single female- seems to be a couples place so was hoping no other singles when I was there so I could get sole use room, without having to pay the supplement did you book ocean view?

Back
Top Bottom