CUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm a US citizen and REALLY want to go to Cuba! I'm not interested in the Aggressor. I definitely want to do a bunch of diving, but I'd also like to see Havana and other cities. Anybody been that can give me some good tips or resources?

Do you know the requirements for entering Cuba, and what is acceptable by the US government as a reason to go?

You might want to take a look at TripAdvisor (Canadian content) to get some ideas: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g147270-i91-Cuba.html; THE 10 BEST Cuba Scuba & Snorkeling Activities (with Photos) - TripAdvisor. Here is what PADI has to say: Diving in Cuba | PADI Travel

There are different options for accommodation and you should be able to build a trip without too much difficulty.

The diving ranges from good to bad, with corral bleaching accounting for graveyard like sites in a number of areas.

Notwithstanding the position of the US government, Cubans are more than happy to welcome American citizens.

Good luck.

When we went to Cuba in 2002, there some US citizens on our plane. They had come to Toronto across the land border and flew out of Toronto Pearson airport. Cuban immigration didn't stamp your passport at that time. They just gave you a "stamp" to show when leaving. I guess you could technically fly from Florida to Toronto and go from there.

When we went to Cuba in 2002, there some US citizens on our plane. They had come to Toronto across the land border and flew out of Toronto Pearson airport. Cuban immigration didn't stamp your passport at that time. They just gave you a "stamp" to show when leaving. I guess you could technically fly from Florida to Toronto and go from there.
That is something that needs to be checked on. I have heard that they have stamped US passports which can create serious problems for some. I was told at one time they didn't but that is not necessarily the case today. It may vary by port of entry.

Cuba is a hostile, communist dictatorship, responsible for enormous human suffering, not only within Cuba but other places like Venezuela where the murderous Maduro military dictatorship stays in power with the help of 50,000 Cuban secret police 'advisors'/stormtroopers! Your tourist dollars are funding the modern day Gestapo!

Cuba is a hostile, communist dictatorship, responsible for enormous human suffering, not only within Cuba but other places like Venezuela where the murderous Maduro military dictatorship stays in power with the help of 50,000 Cuban secret police 'advisors'/stormtroopers! Your tourist dollars are funding the modern day Gestapo!

THANK YOU, well said.

Castro and Che destroyed everything my family worked for and forced us out. We lost businesses, assets, property, educations...

Plus my dad was supposed to be executed at the cabaña by Che.

CASTRO'S DEATH TOLL IS ESTIMATED AT 100,000.

Putting Cuba aside, if one were to boycott dive destinations on the basis of politics, both current and past, the "no dive list" would be rather long. And if one applied this to tourism in general, the world shrinks even more. But at the end of the day, each of us has to make a decision on how and where we want to spend our hard earned cash.

Back
Top Bottom