ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2020 Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seeing some stopping in Miami both ways.

upload_2019-2-19_12-17-25.png

Nonstops to Grand Cayman (where you switch to the Cayman Airways puddle jumper) from Houston are expensive. 1-stops to GCM via Dallas, Miami, or CLT are all sub $500.:)

Nonstops to Grand Cayman (where you switch to the Cayman Airways puddle jumper) from Houston are expensive. 1-stops to GCM via Dallas, Miami, or CLT are all sub $500.:)

Now i see that.
We are spoiled to short trips from Houston.

The current schedule for winter 2018-2019 has 2 flights on Saturday afternoon that you can possibly make from the United 4:10pm arrival time. There is one at 5:00pm and one at 5:10pm. I have made the GCM to LCY connection after arriving on the United flight from Houston several times (mostly 4:40 arrival and 5:35 departures), but it can be pretty tight. Keep in mind if you go with that schedule, that Cayman Airways has very little leeway to hold the plane for you that time of year because the runway in Little Cayman doesn't have lights. Pays to have trip insurance in case United gets you in late. You will have to clear immigration, claim luggage, check in and recheck luggage, and go back in through security. The airport is typically pretty empty by that time of day. but it will be a challenge to make it if United is late. Another option from Houston is to take Southwest via FLL. They do have some direct flights from Hobby, but I think only during high season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom