eBay did it to me again. Scubapro 109 and mk10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84CJ7

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to stop doing this crap, I haven’t even sold the royal aqua master project mess I got cheap and then decided I didn’t really need to get into and now another project mess.
Pretty sure that’s a mk10 with a 109 but not sure of the exact year. I read in one place that 84-86 would have been the only years they were produced new together but that 109’s rubber looks ancient. I wish that site with the model history still existed, no idea where it went.
Never owned any scubapro or any piston reg for that matter or an adjustable second so I figured they would be fun to pull apart and fix up so hopefully they aren’t too green inside. For $34 shipped I can afford to have it be all junk. Seems cheap even with the condition, I think the baffling title made everyone ignore it but maybe people just want cleaner stuff.
Can’t wait to see what I ended up with. Have to research the balanced 2nd upgrade and whatnot as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323658751325

I wish that site with the model history still existed, no idea where it went.
Scubapro got the owners to shut it down with the promise that Scubapro would create one of their own. They did eventually create one but it was a sad facsimile of the original. Not long after scubapro created the copy, they deleted it.

The good one might be available on the wayback machine.

I have to stop doing this crap, I haven’t even sold the royal aqua master project mess I got cheap and then decided I didn’t really need to get into and now another project mess.
Pretty sure that’s a mk10 with a 109 but not sure of the exact year. I read in one place that 84-86 would have been the only years they were produced new together but that 109’s rubber looks ancient. I wish that site with the model history still existed, no idea where it went.
Never owned any scubapro or any piston reg for that matter or an adjustable second so I figured they would be fun to pull apart and fix up so hopefully they aren’t too green inside. For $34 shipped I can afford to have it be all junk. Seems cheap even with the condition, I think the baffling title made everyone ignore it but maybe people just want cleaner stuff.
Can’t wait to see what I ended up with. Have to research the balanced 2nd upgrade and whatnot as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323658751325
They weren’t even advertising the regs, just the SPG? Lol! That took some time searching Ebay and finding that!

MUST.....STAY.....AWAY....FROM.....EBAY.....

Yeah, eBay occasionally gets us all -- like the CA Highway Patrol on quota days. I recently bought some items for parts, and discovered, to my surprise, that the seller, supposedly headquartered in Minnesota, at least in the listing, was actually in Oslo, Norway. Is this familiar to anyone?

The shipping had been a bit steeper than usual; but I had just attributed it to the weight of plenty of taaasty chrome-plated brass . . .

On the bright side, ebay is slightly less risky than Vegas... although the payoff for a win isn't quite as high.

It’s a sold auction so you have to click view original item to see it.

Didn’t actually search for it at all, I just browse the scuba category set to ending soonest and used items only and see what’s flowing by that other people might have missed.
I’m not sure he even knew what he had, the gauge was the only part with text.

I actually found the Aqua-Lung royal aqua master that way with a spelling error super cheap with no bids.

Package showed up already. Its actually looking pretty decent externally though a bit scuffed and dented and the adjustment knob is bent slightly but still works. I will have to decide if its worth risking breaking it off to straighten it.
What I thought was overall corrosion in the pictures was mostly dirt though its well used and with good reason, electro-penciled into the yoke knob in tiny letters is ISSDS #7 so it looks like an old rental reg. I'm guessing by the shipping location that the "ISS" is Iowa scuba shop or something similar which means as far from salt as its possible to get.
Other than the super dry cracked mouthpiece and the dirt it looks ready to dive again.
OK scratch that, I just hooked to to a tank for the fun of it and it slightly freeflowed from the second and then when I hit the purge my thumb went right through it. Hilarious. I wonder where this was stored and for how long. Still not sure if these are of the same vintage or cobbled together later on.

Looks like I will need a whole mess of spanners that I don't have yet. I have the stuff for my Aqua lung and Mares regs, just have to get the scubapro specific stuff.
Maybe I should take this over to the DIY forum. This should be fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom