Old steels denied fills due to store "policy"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGX doesn't do fills for the public. Also they are entirely a warehouse now, you can ask to see specific items, but all ordering must be through their website (they have a computer there for ordering).

Thanks for the update. You probably saved me a trip (and some impulse buying) next time I'm down there.

What a thread. I took the hyperbaric course from Dick Rutkowski in 2005, wonderful course and "Science always wins over bullsh!t" I was able to dive the old Navy Mark 5 hard hat system in the Key Largo canal, a once in a lifetime experience.

The anti-vaxxers are ignorant individuals who are responsible for the current rates of pertussis and measles, to say nothing about mumps and rubella. Science need to win another against bullsh!t

Thanks for the update. You probably saved me a trip (and some impulse buying) next time I'm down there.

I just order everything online for pick up at their location. Every trip I am down that way, I stop by to pick up little misc stuff I need.

While reticent to re enter this thread....

I found this quite interesting read on the Luxfer site - An Interview with Bill High (Founder of PSI) Some good points about long term storage

Some interesting notes that the majority of cylinder fail Vis rather than Hydro But a valid point that cylinders that should have failed Vis (cracks and pin holes still pass hydro)

Worth a read although some bias is evident

so (ignoring the science...and the aluminum) that article is over 15 years old so I guess it's not valid anymore.
Troublemaker. :D :D

bottom line guys , most of your arguments for and against "older"tanks are right (both of them ) ..but it comes down to my compressor my rules , if you don't like the rules change lds or buy your own compressor , as you might think your own rules might change when its your safety at stake ......just 2 cents

bottom line guys , most of your arguments for and against "older"tanks are right (both of them ) ..bit it comes down to my compressor my rules , if you don't like the rules change lds or buy your own compressor , as you might think your own rules might change when its your safety at stake ......just 2 cents

This view has been acknowledged and verified repeatedly. Let the market win out. Some of us hope that the market forces are based on good solid evidence of safety, not perceived aspirations of what safety might be.

I changed dive shops for my fills in SE FL due to Force E's policy. The new shop is happy to fill my old 72s as long as they are in hydro and vis. Based on 100 plus years of data, there would be no reason for me to change my rules if I had my own compressor.

I fully agree it's the right of the dive shop to determine their own policies. However, when those policies are based on feelings rather than science and data, I will take my business elsewhere.

bottom line guys , most of your arguments for and against "older"tanks are right (both of them ) ..bit it comes down to my compressor my rules , if you don't like the rules change lds or buy your own compressor , as you might think your own rules might change when its your safety at stake ......just 2 cents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom