Canadian Instructor dies teaching - Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Elderly scuba diver reportedly drowns in Negril
An elderly female scuba diving instructor of Boul Labelle, St Therese, Canada and West End, Negril, Westmoreland, is suspected to have drowned at sea on Monday, February 12.

The victim has been identified as 69-year-old Martine Cuggia.

Reports from the Negril police are that about midday, Cuggia was conducting swimming lessons when she reportedly got into difficulties and drowned.

The police were alerted and she was taken to hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Further investigations continue into the development.

Sad news.

NEGRIL FUN DIVING Ltd

This is the instructor's website.

Very sad, indeed.

What a sad story. She sounded like a very interesting lady. It seems that, like myself, she found her passion for scuba diving later in life. My condolences to her family and friends.

So sorry to hear this terrible news. I had 2-dives scheduled with Martine coming up in April. Does anyone know the details of the accident? Some say she was diving and other say she was teaching a swimming lesson?

Elderly?

I used to use elderly for older than me and spring chicken for younger than me. Now I just say about your age, older than you, younger than you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom