Dacor Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outkast Adventures

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello new here. Just getting back in to diving after a very LOOOOOOONG hiatus. Certified in 1989 and have 1989 Dacor Pacer XL regulators. I recently found out (from Scubaboard) that West Marine is now selling Dacor products. Does this mean that there'll be a possibility of Dacor regulators being serviced again with parts available? I've already purchased a replacement regulator (sherwood) after learning that Dacor had been gone for quite awhile only to find out that they still exist (Mares?). My Dacor regulator was fantastic and is still in mint condition. It would be a shame if it's not usable.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Dacor was bought by Mares about 2000 or so. There is zero chance of a return to OEM support for old US produced Dacor items. There are a few Dacor branded items produced by Mares in the early 2000’s that use current standard Mares kits.

I looked closely at the West Marine website items, and in my opinion they have no relationship to either original Dacor, or Mares. They are also all on close out last I looked; I think the experiment is over.

My money is that Mares only licensed the name to West Marine and had nothing to do with the actual product. Net result is a bit of income, and maintenance of a moribund trademark that they didn’t want to lose due to disuse.

If you can find a tech who can work on it, you might find the parts you need here - Store | Vintage Double Hose

disregard the link title, it's single hose Dacor parts.

I owned 900XL until it became too difficult to find service for it around 2004.

Thanks for the replies gents. I do have a rebuild kit for it but no tech around here will work on it anymore. Shame, it's in such good shape. Looking forward to using the new Sherwood setup. Plan on doing some spearfishing and trying to get some on video for the YouTube channel. Again, thanks for the replies.

A good tech with the manuals (available in Internet and here) with the maintenance kit could service them. Broken pieces can be obtained from e-bay with the same regulator sold separated (some guys still sell them, like "one_more_chance_scuba").
Service kits were also available in Trident.
I own two Dacor 900 + Dacor Pacer. The first one bought in 2010 and the second a few years later. Both are still in service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom