Tovatec Galaxy II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik J

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone used the tovatec galaxy II? Looking at them, and wondering about the overall experience with the light. Also had a question about batteries, can these be swapped out on the surface? If not, does anyone know of a video light that the batteries can be swapped? Not trying to have the video light die on a two tank dive. Thanks!

Looks like the battery can be swapped. Spare battery is $40, but it appears it is a product specific battery, not something used in any other items.
(this is still an improvement from the first Tovatec Galaxy where the battery was the whole back half of the light, including the Y-mount, so swapping to a spare meant also dealing with the Y-connector)
Galaxy II Video Dive Light

I now use SeaLife lights. The battery is still proprietary, but is common across multiple products - all Sea Dragon photo/video lights except for the 4500.

Its actually cool because on the galaxy two the battery plugs directly into a micro usb. There no charging dock thing and no spring inside the housing either

Does anyone know if this tovatec galaxy2 light can mount onto a sealife setup? I saw the new sealife 4500 lumen looks like it had the same bracket on the bottom but the other ones are different to fight into the dragon flex arms etc. I really want this tovatec light but want it mounted to a sea dragon setup..any suggestions?

Does anyone know if this tovatec galaxy2 light can mount onto a sealife setup? I saw the new sealife 4500 lumen looks like it had the same bracket on the bottom but the other ones are different to fight into the dragon flex arms etc. I really want this tovatec light but want it mounted to a sea dragon setup..any suggestions?
Yep. Here is the part.
Flex-Connect - SeaLife Cameras

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom