Seaskin Nova Drysuit Snug Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I finally just got my Nova Seaskin to dive in Monterey, CA. This is my first drysuit and I find it quite snug under the arm with the 250g undergarment that comes with the package. Getting it in and out is also a bit of a struggle. I can cross my arms and reach behind my neck, but definitely with some effort. Just wondering if other Seaskin customers have the same issue? Would that be a problem once in the water? I just don't know if that's expected. Thanks!

IMG_20190217_171613_exported_2276_1550453276118.jpg

As long as you can reach the valve(s) if/when you need to, snug is not a problem. The snugger the suit, the less of a bubble you need to manage (within reason, of course).

You really need to try it out in the water. This is true of any drysuit, not just the Seaskin.

Snug is good so long as you can get enough insulation in there to stay warm, as already said in the water is the best test.

Once you find out if the undergarment keep you warm enough you can try other combos, I prefer a heavy merino wool base and Hollis 450 fleece most of the time but can sometimes get away with thinner fleece.

I may be atbreakwater this Sunday, I’ll be using my Nova suit, my tanks are painted orange.

I have a seaskin with 250 undergarments as well and at first I was concerned about how snug the fit was. I would recommend that you fully talc up the suit if you haven't, it helped my suit feel much larger. I did it once when I first got the suit and I haven't had to redo it in almost 100 dives.

I'll talc up the suit and will try it in the water. Thank you everyone!

I have a seaskin with 250 undergarments as well and at first I was concerned about how snug the fit was. I would recommend that you fully talc up the suit if you haven't, it helped my suit feel much larger. I did it once when I first got the suit and I haven't had to redo it in almost 100 dives.

Interesting. I will have to try that. Thanks for posting that.

Interesting. I will have to try that. Thanks for posting that.

No problem, it was something that I learned from Seaskin. They way they described it is that it makes the seams and fabric less grabby, so the suit slides and doesn't restrict movement.

Yay! Congratulations on your new drysuit! My Nova should be shipping out any day now! I am really excited to try drysuit diving.

I hope you love your new suit and get lots of use out of it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom