HP100s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys I realize my thread might not belong here exactly, but I am pressed for time and this is the place that the audiance I am talking to lurks.

This March (5-28th) I will be doing my Intro to tech, cavern, dpv, and cave 1 in Northern Florida; I am really looking forward to it been training forever to do this lineup. Given that I'll be in cave country I was wondering if anybody has some Worthington HP100 doubles that they are willing to sell?

I've been having bad luck finding a set up my way (pleanty of Fabers but I don't want that). I'll be living in Live Oak/ Fort White area, but travelling to Ginnie, Manatee, and also have a quick excursion to the keys for some "tourist" diving.

Anyhoo, if anybody can help me out, you'd be the best person in the world!

-A

Check Craigslist. I saw a pair for sale near Ft. Lauderdale the other day. Believe they wanted 350 for the pair. No bands or Manifold on them tho. They were marked xs scuba if my memory serves me.

Edit: here is the link.

2 Steel 100cf Scuba Tanks

You’ll have better luck on cavedivers

Quiescience Dive Shop in Key Largo has 10 or so on consignment, brand new hydro.

You’ll have better luck on cavedivers

Not lately. That forum is starting to fizzle out. There’s more cave discussion here believe it or not. Just about everything is cross posted anyway.

To the op. Unfortunately those don’t come up often as doubles. Why the push for worthington specifically?

Wookie, are you saying they are selling the tanks or just renting them? Because that would be awesome if they're selling them, I'll give them a call today I think.

And Tbone1004, I have dove the fabers and the worthingtons and between the two I just like the way they feel in the water. It's funny to say but like you can feel the differance you know?

@Slym

On consignment means the shop is selling them on behalf of the tank owners. So yes, for sale!

Wookie, are you saying they are selling the tanks or just renting them? Because that would be awesome if they're selling them, I'll give them a call today I think.

And Tbone1004, I have dove the fabers and the worthingtons and between the two I just like the way they feel in the water. It's funny to say but like you can feel the differance you know?
They were (are) owned by a scientist friend of mine. Funding came to an end, so did the project, and now all of the coral in the keys is dying.

Coincidence?

Anyway, the tanks are for sale. the price is a little steep, but one of mine failed hydro, so I had to replace it. I also prefer Worthingtons to fabers. These are in perfect shape.

@Slym the difference between the two is night and day. The only thing they have in common is nominal capacity. Fabers are taller, lighter, bigger capacity, but much less buoyant. The worthingtons are like 2.5lbs more negative each. You can tell a difference in the two quite easily. good luck on the hunt!

Followed up on the Key Largo tanks, looks like they got sold fast. No 100's to speak of there anymore. Thanks for the tip though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom