Help with Leaky Halcyon Eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi: I have a leak from the elbow on my halcyon eclipse wing.
I know there is a leak because upon inflation of my wing, I see the air escaping .

I disassembled it as show in the enclosed pic. There is large plastic washer but is there supposed to be an O ring that sits in the groove on the wing piece?

I emailed Halcyon but have not received a response yet.

I have made sure I did not cross thread the elbow.

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• IMG_2808.jpeg
    IMG_2808.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 204
All of mine only have the rubber gasket, no o-ring. No leaking for me.
I have Zeagle and DSS, not Halcyon.

Just that rubber gasket on the top left of your pic

I am troubled now; Why is it leaking then? It sounds simple but not sure what is going on. I see bubbles coming from top of the elbow not where the elbow screws into the wing.

Basically you have a nut an elbow and a gasket, does it screw down tight and stay tight? Is the leak near the elbow at the top of the nut?

I have had the nut part crack slightly so it would loosen up and leak. Sometimes you can just flip the gasket over.

OK, maybe stupid comment. Are you sure the corrugated hose is screwed on tight? I had a leak in the same place on the doubles wing I was given when I first put it under water in my bathtub, but it turns out the hose wasn’t screwed on as tightly as it should have been.

OK, maybe stupid comment. Are you sure the corrugated hose is screwed on tight? I had a leak in the same place on the doubles wing I was given when I first put it under water in my bathtub, but it turns out the hose wasn’t screwed on as tightly as it should have been.

The corrugated hose does not screw into anything. It is attached onto an elbow using zip ties or clips.

The other end of of the elbow is shown above and has a nut that is screwed onto the flange on the wing/bladder.

The corrugated hose does not screw into anything. It is attached onto an elbow using zip ties or clips.

The other end of of the elbow is shown above and has a nut that is screwed onto the flange on the wing/bladder.

Well, the elbow then. Is the elbow screwed in tight enough?

Gasket is dirt cheap to replace and should be included in the save the dive kit.
DGX has it for $1.75(Dive Rite) but not sure if it fits Halcyon.

With such a indentation in it I will change it anyway. Flip it over might work.

Back
Top Bottom