Back in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.. Seas started at 2-3, built to 3-4 occ bigger, luckily went back down in the afternoon. Water was 75-6 degrees, visibility mostly around 40 feet....
Thank you for the conditions report!! Couldn't dive and was running a 5K today. Had friends diving the WPB/JUP reefs this morning and they had 30mph gusts and a couple of 6 footers. Was hoping to get out in the next 2-4 days but another front is moving in. Gotta keep checking 4 different weather sources to see which line up and then make a quick run.

Thank you for the conditions report!! Couldn't dive and was running a 5K today. Had friends diving the WPB/JUP reefs this morning and they had 30mph gusts and a couple of 6 footers. Was hoping to get out in the next 2-4 days but another front is moving in. Gotta keep checking 4 different weather sources to see which line up and then make a quick run.
I'm hoping to get out in the morning before losing a day or two:)

Going back in April... cant wait! probably do loggerhead for a couple of days (they leave earlier in the a.m.) and maybe Walker out of palm beach. Had some really nice DM led dives last time with them.

Going back in April... cant wait! probably do loggerhead for a couple of days (they leave earlier in the a.m.) and maybe Walker out of palm beach. Had some really nice DM led dives last time with them.
I've not tried Walker yet, they have also been recommended to me.

Was scheduled to go back out with Loggerhead this morning but an electrical malfunction caused cancellation of the trip. I sped, literally, up to Jupiter and got in 2 dives with JDC. Capt Mike (the newer, may the older RIP :() DM David, and Mate Ryan. It was warm, not too windy, seas 2-3. The water was 75-6 degrees, visibility 40 ft.

First dive on Wreck Trek was quite good, many Lemon Sharks and Goliath Grouper at both the MIss Jenny and the Esso Bonaire. Second dive at Lighthouse Reef was relaxing but mediocre. Glad I got out today, not so sure that will be the case tomorrow, we'll see. Twelve dives in 6 days so far, not shabby

Lucked out, got a day out of West Palm with Narcosis before a day off tomorrow. Capt Alex, DM Christina M. Started at 2-3, built during the day and wind increased. Water temp 75, visibility 40 ft. Did South and North Double Ledge, nothing special, all the usual reef fish.

Hope to get back out Wednesday and Thursday before heading back home.

Lucked out, got a day out of West Palm with Narcosis before ...
You are BAD AZSE hardcore diver!! That was 35 mph gusts in WPB at 10 am today.

Did not get out yesterday, neither did anyone else.

Today was a completely different story. Went out with JDC for a 2 tanker, only 10 divers and half were lobstering and out of sight. Capt Mike, DM David. Warm and mostly sunny. Started out a solid 2-4 with occ bigger, but settled down to 2-3.

We did Scarface on the 1st dive and Bonnie's on the second. The water temp was 77 degrees! and the visibility was about 60 feet! Today was Loggerhead Turtle and Nurse Shark day. Between the two dives there were more than a dozen of each! On the first dive, a big Loggerhead rose to meet at mid-water and gave me a big hug, I'm not exactly sure what his intentions were:).

Great day to be diving. Hope to get out of Boynton Beach tomorrow for my last day this visit.

Did not get out yesterday, neither did anyone else.

Today was a completely different story. Went out with JDC for a 2 tanker, only 10 divers and half were lobstering and out of sight. Capt Mike, DM David. Warm and mostly sunny. Started out a solid 2-4 with occ bigger, but settled down to 2-3.

We did Scarface on the 1st dive and Bonnie's on the second. The water temp was 77 degrees! and the visibility was about 60 feet! Today was Loggerhead Turtle and Nurse Shark day. Between the two dives there were more than a dozen of each! On the first dive, a big Loggerhead rose to meet at mid-water and gave me a big hug, I'm not exactly sure what his intentions were:).

Great day to be diving. Hope to get out of Boynton Beach tomorrow for my last day this visit.

Looks like the turtles are coming back! It's getting to be that time of year. The first leatherback of the season nested yesterday. We will be seeing more and more turtles over the coming weeks. It's also nice to see that the water continues to warm up.

Today was my last day diving on this visit, too bad, the next 3 or 4 days look phenomenal.

Went out of Boynton Beach with Loggerhead, Capt Jim, Mate Josh. It was beautiful, mostly sunny, little wind. Seas were the flattest I've seen since sometime last year, less than 2 ft. First dive was Briney Breezes, second dive was the 75. The water temp was 77 degrees and visibility was about 60 ft. A very relaxing day, a couple of Lemon Sharks, a couple of Nurse Sharks, and all of the usual reef fish.

So....a great 10 day visit, got in diving 8 of those days and 18 dives. Had a few very nice bike rides too. It's not always easy, I used 4 operators and dived in Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter, but it is always worth it. What a great place to dive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom